The Student Room Group

Mum had an abortion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leviathan1611
none of my business? she just murdered my sibling wth? she's not some stranger to me. I'm not forgiving because of that silly argument, I'm forgiving her simply because no matter what my mother does to me, I will end up forgiving her whether I want to or not, I can't stay mad at the woman who gave birth to me and feeds me. I've tried many times and it doesn't work, has nothing to do with that argument of yours.

Abortion isn’t murder my good sir
Original post by nathan_nacu
Abortion isn’t murder my good sir

cool story bro👍
Reply 82
none of my business? she just murdered my sibling wth? she's not some stranger to me. I'm not forgiving because of that silly argument, I'm forgiving her simply because no matter what my mother does to me, I will end up forgiving her whether I want to or not, I can't stay mad at the woman who gave birth to me and feeds me. I've tried many times and it doesn't work, has nothing to do with that argument of yours.

She didn't "murder your sibling "??!!. It is her body and not your decision or business! There is nothing for you to forgive.
Original post by mgi
She didn't "murder your sibling "??!!. It is her body and not your decision or business! There is nothing for you to forgive.

my mother, my business, my sibling, my business. I don't know how your family works for you to not care what goes on in your parents lives, but it doesn't work like that in my family at all.
Reply 84
my mother, my business, my sibling, my business. I don't know how your family works for you to not care what goes on in your parents lives, but it doesn't work like that in my family at all.

Obviously you were born before your mum and you own her body! Abortion is your mum's decision not yours.
Original post by mgi
Obviously you were born before your mum and you own her body! Abortion is your mum's decision not yours.

never said it wasn't her decision. however that doesn't mean I'm going to respect that decision or act like I'm okay with it.
Reply 86
never said it wasn't her decision. however that doesn't mean I'm going to respect that decision or act like I'm okay with it.

Your mum should not be too concerned about your opinion on her decision to go through an abortion.
Murder.
Original post by mgi
Your mum should not be too concerned about your opinion on her decision to go through an abortion.

knowing my mother, she will certainly be.
Original post by The Mogg
Quotes are pretty hip nowadays so I'll give you one of my own, from "me"

"My personal opinion is that life begins at the point of conception and abortion is morally indefensible"

But hey hey, don't swarm me liberals alright. Peace, love and hugs :h:

but its muh body muh choice!!!
Reply 90
knowing my mother, she will certainly be.

Your mum her choice. You get upset and disagree. Fine. Your mum chose. Her body. Good. You complain. Ok.
Original post by mgi
Your mum her choice. You get upset and disagree. Fine. Your mum chose. Her body. Good. You complain. Ok.

you done now?🤨
Reply 92
you done now?🤨

??
Original post by mgi
??

Original post by mgi

i would be quite upset and disappointed with her that she'd even thought of doing such a thing.

but knowing my relationship with my mother, I'll end up forgiving her and getting over it in less than a week, regardless whether she's sorry or not.

isn't that basically what I said initially? what was the point of this conversation? we just went in a circle.🧐
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Beyond that - what gives a totipotent stem cell with the capacity to turn into a human being, all the rights that we give to a fully developed human being?

I am not some crazy pro-lifer, I don't think a zygote or even a developing unborn baby should have the same rights as a fully grown person. I just think abortion shouldn't be seen as as acceptable as it is and we shouldn't overlook the barbarity of the action, hiding behind clever euphemistic language. If we face up to what it really is, maybe less people will do it and will tough it out raising a child before they have got that promotion or the house they wanted. An abortion shouldn't be seen as another convenience for the already pampered western woman's lifestyle. A child born into "underprivilege" today in the UK will have a better life than every child born 200 years ago and every baby born in the majority of places in the world today.
cool story bro👍

Just wondering do you think abortion is ever the okay option due to certain circumstances??
Reply 96
isn't that basically what I said initially? what was the point of this conversation? we just went in a circle.🧐

It is not what you said in the first place?! I don't agree that your mum's decision to have an abortion is your business at all! It is her body. Full stop. Clearly you don't agree. I kbow some people wont agree with me when i say that it is only the pregnant woman's opinion that counts or should be listened to!
Can't missing I never have. I am so indifferent about this. My mother aborted another child after my brother and I were already born. When she told me the story I didn't care. Sometimes I thought she made the right decision: my parents got a bit too dysfunctional and some things were so horrible that the aborted child should be happy never made my experience.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I am not some crazy pro-lifer, I don't think a zygote or even a developing unborn baby should have the same rights as a fully grown person. I just think abortion shouldn't be seen as as acceptable as it is and we shouldn't overlook the barbarity of the action, hiding behind clever euphemistic language. If we face up to what it really is, maybe less people will do it and will tough it out raising a child before they have got that promotion or the house they wanted. An abortion shouldn't be seen as another convenience for the already pampered western woman's lifestyle. A child born into "underprivilege" today in the UK will have a better life than every child born 200 years ago and every baby born in the majority of places in the world today.

For what reason should more people be persuaded to unnecessarily ''tough it out'' before they are ready to do so? Why shouldn't human beings have every convenience we can allow them? Why do the existence of less privileged children in other parts of the world mean WE should have children before we're ready? How is it barbaric to destroy an entity that is more inconvenient and less conscious than a mosquito?
Original post by mgi
It is not what you said in the first place?! I don't agree that your mum's decision to have an abortion is your business at all! It is her body. Full stop. Clearly you don't agree. I kbow some people wont agree with me when i say that it is only the pregnant woman's opinion that counts or should be listened to!

sounds like I did, mum makes a choice, I don't like it and and complain. pretty much the same thing isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest