The Student Room Group

History revision

Sooo I’m doing history a level now and I don’t really know how to revise. Basically I used seneca for high school history and the school provides us with like knowledge and content booklets but ofc a level doesn’t do that and seneca doesn’t rlly hav the courses I do in proper detail or accuracy ? Flash cards , note taking and mind maps and that **** doesn’t work so anyone hav any tips or like good websites ? Would be really grateful tenks x
Reply 1
I mean i'm not doing A level history but I am doing it for GCSE and i mean i'm pretty sure these tips are useful anyway. Something I do is to make a huge timeline for the topic with my highlighters and coloured pens (just make the dates and event names stand out)and I stick it up and read it every morning, really helps with dates and making your writing flow - in terms of events, as you'll be confident in what happened when. Also, i would say invest in a good history book for content, ask your teachers where you can get them and which one to get. After learning the content, exam questions! and get your teacher to mark them and give feedback! I hope these are useful, and could you just in return give me an overview of your experience with history A levels
Reply 2
So sorry it’s so late Sorry but thank you - I’m doing british empire and we have 6 key questions to focus on so I’m using knowledge organisers that my teachers have provided for each key time period and I’m like condensing the information from that into the 6 key questions- is that a good idea

Quick Reply

Latest