The Student Room Group

History revision

Sooo I’m doing history a level now and I don’t really know how to revise. Basically I used seneca for high school history and the school provides us with like knowledge and content booklets but ofc a level doesn’t do that and seneca doesn’t rlly hav the courses I do in proper detail or accuracy ? Flash cards , note taking and mind maps and that **** doesn’t work so anyone hav any tips or like good websites ? Would be really grateful tenks x
Original post by Fathema29
Sooo I’m doing history a level now and I don’t really know how to revise. Basically I used seneca for high school history and the school provides us with like knowledge and content booklets but ofc a level doesn’t do that and seneca doesn’t rlly hav the courses I do in proper detail or accuracy ? Flash cards , note taking and mind maps and that **** doesn’t work so anyone hav any tips or like good websites ? Would be really grateful tenks x

You are going to be less spoon fed at A level.
Good notes timelines and mindmaps are fine.
You might have to think more at A level and be interested more in cause and consequences or evaluating evidence and forming a rational argument rather than just regurgitating facts. It will involve using textbooks and doing some research as standard.
Same I’m struggling with this too :frown:
Reply 3
Sorry it’s so late but thank you - I’m doing british empire and we have 6 key questions to focus on so I’m using knowledge organisers that my teachers have provided for each key time period and I’m like condensing the information from that into the 6 key questions- is that a good idea ?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest