Digitidal
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How easy are both and which is more enjoyable?
$Machiavellian$
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, it depends on what you are wanting to do going forward? This is the best way to look at this kind of situation. Do you have a path that you are going to follow? (i.e. going to college and university) or are you unsure? If you have a path you know you want to go down, then it is easier to answer. If you are unsure, then I would definately recommend working out what you have a strong interest in as well as a good level of skill in.

ICT is a more 'general' subject and will focus on a broad range of topics. From that, you can progress on to many different areas within IT at college and then on to university if you so choose. This GCSE will allow to explore what it is that really interests you and will focus on more specifically what area you want to go down (such as; programming, web design, network engineering etc.)

I will admit that I have no knowledge of CNAT Creative iMedia, however, read into it to see what it is all about and if it is something that you would enjoy doing and might use in your future career.

What is importnat to remember is that these early steps form a base for future study. You need to make sure that whatever you do, you do it to the highest standard that you can. If you do, it will make things so much easier down the line as if you don't put the effort in, it could cost you in time and effort to put right.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm fairly sure that GCSE ICT doesn't exist any more - the Government certainly scrapped it in England. Is it a BTEC?
Digitidal
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Compost)
I'm fairly sure that GCSE ICT doesn't exist any more - the Government certainly scrapped it in England. Is it a BTEC?
iGCSE Information and Communication Technology, run by CIE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (124)
41.47%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.37%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.04%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed