M567 – Condemnation of Fat Activism Motion Watch

This discussion is closed.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I think we should avoid posting comments that aren't being used to directly address the content of the motion, don't you chaps?
This.

I abstain on the motion. I agree to an extent but I'm not sure the scientific basis of it is fully concrete.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Unfortunately this motion can't go to division this term, so I will have to resubmit it next term.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Please avoid comments that are not discussion this motion, this has been brought to my attention.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
Unfortunately this motion can't go to division this term, so I will have to resubmit it next term.
Not quite.

I apologise for not being clear in the update, this item will be withdrawn tonight unless you send it to division.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Okay - I therefore choose to send it to division.

On another note, will TSR stop showing me, a bloke, lingerie ads? It is really getting annoying.
Joleee
Report 2 months ago
what is this doing besides stating the obvious. when has a UK government in MHoC or real life stated or supported the idea that obesity is as healthy as normal weight. these are private individuals acting like private individuals. the only support they need is for the government not to interfere with their private law rights.

private organisations do not have to cater to obese people - said any clothing manufacturer who's never made anything over a size 14. if private organisations cater to obese people, it's because it makes business sense as obese people need to buy things too.

please do not conflate fat-shaming with discrimination. one is a media term; the other is legal. there is nothing illegal about fat-shaming so stating the government supports things that are legal is redundant.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
Okay - I therefore choose to send it to division.

On another note, will TSR stop showing me, a bloke, lingerie ads? It is really getting annoying.
Only just seen this. Can you make sure to tag me (Or any future Speaker) for these requests please? Since I don't read through these unless summoned.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Only just seen this. Can you make sure to tag me (Or any future Speaker) for these requests please? Since I don't read through these unless summoned.
Will do so in future.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Division, Clear the Lobbies!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed