This discussion is closed.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Yes. If somebody has duel nationality then there is no need to burden our own taxpayer.

- On your first point the wording will be changed for 4.1, the total minimum will be 10% rather than the current 8% for employee and employer.
- Addressed already but those who choose to have citizenship of a foreign state and likely take their labour abroad should not expect the British taxpayer to grant them all the entitlements that those who work in the UK all their lives would receive themselves.
- This is a speculative argument based on the Mhoc government allowing the BOE to continue failing to meet their inflation targets. We must take a sustainable view of the finances no matter how much we would like to address financial woes.
- Will be amending the notes regarding the later two points.
- Yes, i'm already amending the costing a little.

Will be sorted.
You're making the assumption that the other nation would pay the pension, if they're living here that is far from a reasonable assumption. An alternative way of looking at it is you are intentionally denying British nationals their state pension and the reality is if they're living in the UK they've probably worked in the UK most of their life and they have, say, inherited an American passport, after all, who the **** retires to the UK? In the last census there were about 600,000 dual nationals living in the UK, most of whom have come to the UK.

It is speculative based on real ****ing life, it's not a case of the MHoC government allowing the BoE to fail to meet their targets, it's a case of the real BoE being incapable of doing it because it is not as simple as saying "this quarter inflation will be 2%, next quarter it will be 1.8%, the quarter after it will be 2.2%, and after that back to 2%", since BoE independence the average rate of inflation has been 2.8% on a CPI basis, it is not unreasonable to believe this will continue in which case you're looking at not insignificant real terms cuts

No surprise that you're silent on the fact that the intention of this bill is to introduce a 20bn tax hike and a system of double taxation on pensions, nor the fact that the bill fails to do this (bit of a trend there, Tory bills not doing what they're supposed to because they're so badly written)
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Will be sorted.
So if the person was born in the UK and lived here most of their lives, contributed to the system who just happen to have dual nationality because of their parants they will be denied a pension?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)
So if the person was born in the UK and lived here most of their lives, contributed to the system who just happen to have dual nationality because of their parants they will be denied a pension?
They have the choice to revoke their duel citizenship before retirement.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
They have the choice to revoke their duel citizenship before retirement.
I don't think I agree with forcing someone to give up duel citizenship.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I don't think I agree with forcing someone to give up duel citizenship.
It’s not force, it’s choice.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s not force, it’s choice.
Not much of a choice when the threat is the loss of a pension you've worked hard for your whole life.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This item has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed