Driving Alone with Provisional and Intl Licence

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hello guys,

I have an international drivers licence from outside UK which enables me to drive alone for a year, but I also got a provisional UK Licence when I wanted to do some lesson.

Can I still drive (and alone) with my Intl Licence or would it be a crime since I now have a provisional in which I am not supposed to drive alone.

Thanks
star-phoenix
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello guys,

I have an international drivers licence from outside UK which enables me to drive alone for a year, but I also got a provisional UK Licence when I wanted to do some lesson.

Can I still drive (and alone) with my Intl Licence or would it be a crime since I now have a provisional in which I am not supposed to drive alone.

Thanks
If you only have a provisional UK driving licence then you won't be able to drive alone as you are now registered in the UK on the DVLA database. Best idea is to take the UK driving test ASAP and get a full UK licence good luck!
Neenaw weewoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Your UK provisional supercedes your int one. So as the other poster said, you can't drive unsupervised.
Last edited by Neenaw weewoo; 10 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.2%
I'm not sure (32)
4.27%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (234)
31.2%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (367)
48.93%

Watched Threads