The Student Room Group

Pwc 2020

Scroll to see replies

I emailed them about it being the week before my half term (no reply yet).How about you all? Is it during your half term which would be more helpful because I’m assuming my school will be doing online lessons during term time which I will have to do. Hopefully others Will point out that it would be more helpful during half term...then they might change/duplicate the week
I’ve just seen the email from PwC about the Virtual Insight week & I completely agree with everything you’ve said. I applied for the Business Insight Week in the London office, did the game based assessment, the numerical tests, attended the coaching session & participated in the video interview in the hope of getting through to the programme. As like you, my main reason for applying was the idea of being fast tracked into PwC’s other programmes like the Flying Start, considering its growing competitiveness and at the moment I’m fully fixated on going to uni & working alongside PwC. The fact that everyone who has applied has an automatic place on this virtual week just defeats the whole purpose of the insight week for me personally & is incredibly disappointing 😔
Oops I didn’t mean to write a whole paragraph but it’s honestly so unfair to everyone that passed through all the different stages. This should certainly be taken into consideration !!
The no money aspect is kind of sad too but then again, there was no guarantee that I would have even gotten in because my video interview was a big mess 😳 but that’s what I thought about the numerical test and I still passed to the next stage. Who knows 🤷🏾*♀️ I’ll just have to peacefully wait till Thursday 😩
Reply 184
Original post by 14oadegun
The no money aspect is kind of sad too but then again, there was no guarantee that I would have even gotten in because my video interview was a big mess 😳 but that’s what I thought about the numerical test and I still passed to the next stage. Who knows 🤷🏾*♀️ I’ll just have to peacefully wait till Thursday 😩

Oops I didn’t mean to write a whole paragraph but it’s honestly so unfair to everyone that passed through all the different stages. This should certainly be taken into consideration !!

I completely agree with you mate, this decision is really harsh and disappointing. I think I've done rather good interview and was expecting to get into but now😭😭. Now there is only one that in the email they've said that after the virtual insight week we will talk you about the next step. This might mean they would invite us for an assessment centre(AC) but overall I'm really disappointed as PwC was my last option as I was already have been rejected from EY.
Anyone else get there video interview feedback today? If you did how’d it go? Mine went terrible 😭
Reply 186
Original post by r1.ayy
Anyone else get there video interview feedback today? If you did how’d it go? Mine went terrible 😭

I haven't got my feedback yet☹☹☹☹...what did they say in your feedback
Reply 187
Original post by r1.ayy

Yo did you get your feedback today because just realized that today is Saturday and I reckon they send things on working days.🤷*♂️🤷*♂️
Original post by Mubarkdu
Yo did you get your feedback today because just realized that today is Saturday and I reckon they send things on working days.🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Yeah today they said that “Unfortunately, on this occasion, you did not sufficiently demonstrate these aspects in your responses.” For whole leadership, technical capabilities and global acumen. Oops to be fair I wasn’t in the best headspace when completing the interview.
Original post by r1.ayy
Yeah today they said that “Unfortunately, on this occasion, you did not sufficiently demonstrate these aspects in your responses.” For whole leadership, technical capabilities and global acumen. Oops to be fair I wasn’t in the best headspace when completing the interview.

I wonder why they are giving feedback, seeing as we are all getting invited on to the virtual course anyway. I guess it’s good of them, so we know where we would have stood if it had all gone ahead as originally planned. I haven’t heard anything either. What did you apply for and where?
I got my interview feedback for the insight week too & surprisingly it was alright 🙃. I honestly thought I waffled my way through it & as though I didn’t make any sense whatsoever so I was expecting the worst 😭. They broke down the different values of PwC into sections & commented from attribute to attribute on the things that I did well & the things I may want to consider including to my responses should I have to do a video interview next time (it was more of advice). They also mentioned that in the first & last questions of my interview, where I was asked to explain what attracts me to PwC, that my responses suggested that ‘the opportunities available at PwC match very well with my motivations and work preferences’. So overall, I would say it was positive feedback. However, it really doesn’t affect anything now lol.
And I’m really sorry about the feedback you received 😭 at least we are all doing this virtual insight week despite how well the interview went...
(edited 4 years ago)
I’ve had this account for ages but I’m kinda new to the app so I’m not quite sure how to reply directly to someone but yeah, hope you see it :smile: I guess it’s kinda open to everyone now tbh 😂
Original post by r1.ayy

And I’m really sorry about the feedback you received 😭 at least we are all doing this virtual insight week despite how well the interview went... & for you to have come that far anyways is a big achievement. I totally get what you mean about not being in the right headspace- it’s very easy for it to affect our performance :frown:
Reply 194
And I’m really sorry about the feedback you received 😭 at least we are all doing this virtual insight week despite how well the interview went... & for you to have come that far anyways is a big achievement. I totally get what you mean about not being in the right headspace- it’s very easy for it to affect our performance :frown:

Hii... what insight week did you apply for because i applied for business insight week Leeds and I havent got the feedback yet
Original post by Mubarkdu
Hii... what insight week did you apply for because i applied for business insight week Leeds and I havent got the feedback yet

That’s a lil strange, I hope you get the feedback soon! I applied for the business insight week in the London office :smile:
And I’m really sorry about the feedback you received 😭 at least we are all doing this virtual insight week despite how well the interview went...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by r1.ayy
I left it till last minute and almost forgot about it cause I had found out my grandad had a stroke and bruh I just rushed that interview cause I didn’t give af 😭😭😭

Omg I feel u so much 😭 you were going through a lot damnnn ☹️
Omg I feel u so much 😭 you were going through a lot damnnn ☹️

Eh guess it’s fine though since we’re all getting a virtual insight week and at least I know what I need to brush up on
Really helpful feedback from PWC. It looks like they graded the 6 separate sections as “demonstrated many of the aspects”, “demonstrated some” and “didn’t demonstrate”. So I got

Whole leadership: some
Business acumen: many
Technical capabilities: many
Global acumen: many
Relationships: didn’t
Motivational question: didn’t

What about everyone else? They also said that they would let you know the outcome in a separate email. Not sure what that means, maybe that’s just standard wording.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending