Will I be able to move my English Grades to my predicted by Summer

Watch
owen.winn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For my A Levels I am studying History, English Language and English Literature.
I recently sat my November Mocks and came out with an A* in history but unfortunately two C's in English.
I have been working at a B all year in literature and a high C in language and am predicted a grade A in both Literature and language.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips to push from a B in literature to an A and from a C to an A in language?
Phoebelarbi6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by owen.winn)
For my A Levels I am studying History, English Language and English Literature.
I recently sat my November Mocks and came out with an A* in history but unfortunately two C's in English.
I have been working at a B all year in literature and a high C in language and am predicted a grade A in both Literature and language.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips to push from a B in literature to an A and from a C to an A in language?
look at exemplars, literally study them and compare what higher band students write to lower band students, also give your teacher lots of work to mark to get as much feedback as possible and also read your texts over to familiarise yourself till the point it’s almost second nature I hope this helps. i don’t do a level english but i did this at gcse, i do bio chem and psychology
owen.winn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Phoebelarbi6)
look at exemplars, literally study them and compare what higher band students write to lower band students, also give your teacher lots of work to mark to get as much feedback as possible and also read your texts over to familiarise yourself till the point it’s almost second nature I hope this helps. i don’t do a level english but i did this at gcse, i do bio chem and psychology
I did very good at GCSE, (two 9s), but A-level is proving to be a different beast entirely.
Phoebelarbi6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by owen.winn)
I did very good at GCSE, (two 9s), but A-level is proving to be a different beast entirely.
yeah english is weird, i was predicated 8 and 9 at gcse but came out with 6 and 7, the 6was remarked to an 8, but that goes to show how subjective english can be
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (91)
26.84%
England (111)
32.74%
Belgium (27)
7.96%
Germany (39)
11.5%
Spain (7)
2.06%