LGBT Protests Banned Outside of Birmingham School.. Watch

Poll: Should the LGBT protests be banned?
Yes I think they should be banned (31)
50%
No I don't think they should be banned (23)
37.1%
I'm not sure, and am in two minds whether they should be banned (8)
12.9%
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-50557227

Demonstrations against LGBT inclusive education have been permanently banned outside a primary school.
A High Court judge ruled in favour of an exclusion zone to remain around Anderton Park in Birmingham which has been targeted by protesters for months.

In a hearing last month, the city council argued an interim injunction in place since June should be extended beyond school gates and made permanent.

Campaigners accused the authority of trying to silence debate.

So what do you think TSR. Is this a good thing? or is this a bad thing?
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just voted they should NOT be banned by mistake. How do I rectify this?
richards4775
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If we ban protests over this, what else will protests be banned over?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They haven't banned the protests, simply prevented them from doing so in certain places.

That's fine. If it's outside the school all its doing is intimidating children.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by markova21)
Just voted they should NOT be banned by mistake. How do I rectify this?
Sorry, but I have no idea how or if that's even possible :/
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Excellent news.
_.Someone_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do I agree with them? absolutely not
But should they be banned? No, I suppose not, free speech and all. But, haven't they just been banned from protesting outside the school?
username5049966
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by richards4775)
If we ban protests over this, what else will protests be banned over?
They've been protesting about this for months. They've more than had their say. In fact I've seen several videos where the protesters are outright inciting hate. We've been far too tolerant of this crap for far too long. Especially considering the school has no power to do anything about it. They have to teach it because to do otherwise would be illegal. They are bound by law.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Voted in favour of the ban.

Fine for them to protest but go do it to the local government or in the town square.. going it outside the school is just to intimidate and make the school, teachers and students suffer.

No kid should have to walk past that on the way into their school.

As for the actual issue, if I have to choose between the lgbt community and the Islamic community, I know which one I’ll pick.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i think I'm neutral, I neither think it's good or bad.

I'm just shocked that parents were still protesting till now, haven't they got anything better to do?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
i think I'm neutral, I neither think it's good or bad.

I'm just shocked that parents were still protesting till now, haven't they got anything better to do?
There's only so many daytime antiques and home improvement tv shows a person can watch. They sure as hell ain't got jobs.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
There's only so many daytime antiques and home improvement tv shows a person can watch. They sure as hell ain't got jobs.
so I guess these are the lazy Brits spending the people's taxes.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I suspect that many of the protesters don't actually know what was said to the kids. There have been threats made to teachers. Religious indoctrination at its worst.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Responding to this sign - it isn't. Children are required to be in education. You can't exclude your child from, say, science lessons, nor should you be able to. The fact that some parents are making such a fuss about this highlights their intolerance of choices that have zero impact on them.

If they want to indoctrinate their children with the view that same sex couples are wrong, they should move to a place where society has that view. The UK is a free and tolerant society - if you don't like that, move - you're not welcome (regardless of your citizenship).
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
They want Allah points.
Kitten in boots
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you want to protest and get the teaching material changed, do it outside the local education authority or council offices. If you want to intimidate children, do it outside a school.

They are like anti-abortion protests who harass women at clincs. So I'm glad they've been banned from protesting outside the school.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good.
Those protesters outside the primary school were aggressive, abusive and intimidatory- by deliberate design.

For every 1 parent protesting and insulting other parents/the school/goverment/local MP, 10 other parents dropped their children off at at school and calmly rejected the protesters bellowed solicitations to support the protests.

It must be emphasised that the protesting parents and other activists lobbying against the "no outsiders" scheme were from a variety of religious communities and groups- not just one.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Wōden)
Dear liberals, progressives, open borders advocates.... Your ideology is responsible for this whole sorry affair. You allowed these aliens into our lands, you promised us it would all be just fine and that they would all become just like us, but it's not and they didn't. This is your fault.
It's not about people being "just like us" - it's about extremists not accepting the UK's core values. IMO, the UK has benefitted hugely from immigration, and I personally like the mix of cultures (and food ) that we have. The more people mix, the better relationships can be between countries and cultures.
Last edited by RogerOxon; 2 weeks ago
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, I think they should be banned from outside school
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
It must be emphasised that the protesting parents and other activists lobbying against the "no outsiders" scheme were from a variety of religious communities and groups- not just one.
It should be clarified that the majority come from one religion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.33%
No I don't (153)
47.22%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.44%

Watched Threads