The Student Room Group

Hair loss

I don’t know if I have telogen effluvium or hair loss. I noticed thinning hair like 3 weeks ago I had really long and wavy/curly hair so to lose all of that has really put me down tbh. My dad lost most of his hair in his late 20s and my older brother lost his hair at 22 and I am 20 now. I have been using oils but it will take 3/4 months until I see a difference. Any advice?
most hair loss is genetic, possibly related to hormones, and given that your nuclear male relatives all seemed to have followed the same path, you probably will too

going bald isn't a bad thing, lots of people really make the look work - especially if you have a beard or nicely trimmed stubble - and it's common to have a good beard but go bald early because the same sensitivity to testosterone that causes baldness is what helps you grow a full beard before most others

either way, dwelling on something you can't change will only make you feel worse and if you can find a way to make it work and not worry about it you'll feel great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending