Student loans and HC1/help with NHS costs Watch

velvethopes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm filling out the HC1 form and I'm on the part about savings. My maintenance loan goes into a current account, so would this count as savings and do I need to declare it as such?

I also get a bursary from my university, would this need to be declared in 5.2 for "other income"?

Sorry if this a stupid question, just a bit confused and don't want to fill it out wrong
St George's University of London
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by velvethopes)
I'm filling out the HC1 form and I'm on the part about savings. My maintenance loan goes into a current account, so would this count as savings and do I need to declare it as such?

I also get a bursary from my university, would this need to be declared in 5.2 for "other income"?

Sorry if this a stupid question, just a bit confused and don't want to fill it out wrong
Hi!

I think this has been answered before on TSR: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4813018

Essentially, student maintenance loans and bursaries should be declared in the education section (section 8 if I remember correctly).

I hope this helps!

Mo
BSc | First Year MBBS
Official Rep for St George's, University of London
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (333)
46.06%
No (78)
10.79%
I'm not old enough (312)
43.15%

Watched Threads