The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Very normal and common for girls to like older guys.

Why are you anon?
Original post by Drewski
Very normal and common for girls to like older guys.

Why are you anon?

Maybe he's a nonce?
Original post by Anonymous
Literally all female friends are into older guys. Like 19+ while theyre 16 17. Id probs never date a girl even a year younger than me its weird as hell

They want someone mature.
Literally all female friends are into older guys. Like 19+ while theyre 16 17. Id probs never date a girl even a year younger than me its weird as hell

Do you actually even know what a nonce is.

A 2/3 year age gap is incredibly common. You can't expect people to only be with those who are the exact same age as them, as that's really unrealistic.
Reply 6
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Do you actually even know what a x is.

My friends crush wants to smash. They were talking since year 11 when she was 15 so ye hes a x. But now shes 16
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
A 2/3 year age gap is incredibly common. You can't expect people to only be with those who are the exact same age as them, as that's really unrealistic.

Wouldnt it be weird tho. Normally if i told my mates im with a girl 2 years younger id get cussed out lol.
Id probs never date a girl even a year younger than me its weird as hell

In which case we can assume you're young and still in school. Maybe even young enough to have not even started your GCSEs, cause that's the sort of age group that holds this mindset.

Age gaps are normal in relationships, the UK average is about 3 years difference.
Reply 9
Original post by TheMcSame
In which case we can assume you're young and still in school. Maybe even young enough to have not even started your GCSEs, cause that's the sort of age group that holds this mindset.

Age gaps are normal in relationships, the UK average is about 3 years difference.

Im 17
Original post by TheMcSame

Y13 if u must. Pretty quick to assume. So i could date a 14yo 💀💀 thats messed. Ig its understandable for a 16 and 18 but why go for younger girls instead of ur age or older
Girls have always liked older guys. On the whole they are more mature than guys their own age. This may be because girls do mature faster overall as well so it makes sense.
There is 10 years between my parents and 13 years between me and my fiance. Nothing wrong with liking someone older as long as it is legal, obviously 25/30 year age gap is a bit weird and probably wouldn't work in most cases. Saying that a girl I worked with who was in her late 30s loved younger guys.
Y13 if u must. Pretty quick to assume. So i could date a 14yo 💀💀 thats messed. Ig its understandable for a 16 and 18 but why go for younger girls instead of ur age or older

When people are pretty quick to assume, there's generally a reason for it. In this case, as I mentioned, it's a mindset that's virtually exclusive to young people in school.

If you must know, from my own experience with people who were in my year, I found that the ones who held this mindset were also some of the more immature ones that messed around in school all the time. I'm also pretty sure they all wound up dating someone who was/who'd be in the year below if not younger.

You dating a 14 year old isn't quite the same. The issue is that it's a bit of a grey area at these younger ages. A 14 y/o going out with a 17 y/o is a bit different than a 17 y/o going out with a 20 y/o. In one case, the younger party is still essentially a child. In the other case, both are young adults. I mean, realistically, as long as it's consensual and no one is being used for anything, it doesn't really matter.

I will admit that, at your age, your point isn't completely flawed from the male perspective. From the female perspective (again, being 17), it's relatively fine as you'd likely be going for a man who is a few years older. One year isn't really anything, even at this age.

To put it simply, the acceptable age gap gets bigger as you age.

As for why? I'm not sure myself. It's most likely down to simple biology.
Wouldnt it be weird tho. Normally if i told my mates im with a girl 2 years younger id get cussed out lol.

Im 17

That's because you're 17. If you're 30 and you're with a 28 year old, nobody cares. Give it a few years and, when you're a bit more mature, you'll realise age gaps are more common than not and that they aren't weird.
When I was 16 I had a 19 yr old boyfriend. And at 18, 23.
They were far more mature than boys my own age. That’s the draw
To be honest the OP strikes me as a bit butthurt

then you are with the wrong group of 'friends'.
remember to only focus on yourself and not give a flying whoose-nut on other people's views.
Original post by Rock Fan
To be honest the OP strikes me as a bit butthurt

to be fair i do soujnd like a girl ditched me for an older guy but na im just curious as to why my friends go for older guys. girls im talking to atm wouldnt be talking to me if they were into older dudes lol
Do you know what a nonce is? 😂

Latest

Trending

Trending