Calls to Boycott Cinema over gang film ban. Watch
Since the article is behind a paywall ill outline some points here for you.
- Vue claim the ban has come to place due to the film being connected with 25 significant incidents at 16 cinemas over the opening weekend. In particular at the Star City cinema in Birmingahm, where there was machete based violence at the weekend.
- Vue banned the film in all of its 91 venues in the UK and Ireland, some campaigners are accusing vue of supressing black art.
- Hashtags including #boycott vue are trending, with claims being made that the film is being treated more harshly than violent white movies.
- Odeon and Cineworld are still showing the film, albiet with increased secruity
- while the raicsm claims are made, Vue claim the ban is there to pretoect staff and other customers
No idea why people are rioting outside of cinema's though. Seems a shame it's being withdrawn, but if it's really causing as much trouble as it's claimed then maybe it's for the best...