Calls to Boycott Cinema over gang film ban. Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/v...-ban-czmwlfmmr

Since the article is behind a paywall ill outline some points here for you.

• Vue claim the ban has come to place due to the film being connected with 25 significant incidents at 16 cinemas over the opening weekend. In particular at the Star City cinema in Birmingahm, where there was machete based violence at the weekend.
  • Vue banned the film in all of its 91 venues in the UK and Ireland, some campaigners are accusing vue of supressing black art.
  • Hashtags including #boycott vue are trending, with claims being made that the film is being treated more harshly than violent white movies.
  • Odeon and Cineworld are still showing the film, albiet with increased secruity
  • while the raicsm claims are made, Vue claim the ban is there to pretoect staff and other customers
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I might try and download it when it becomes available, I enjoyed Shiro's Story on youtube [made by the guy who made this film]

No idea why people are rioting outside of cinema's though. Seems a shame it's being withdrawn, but if it's really causing as much trouble as it's claimed then maybe it's for the best...
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Seems like another case of the professional outraged mobs getting their panties in a twist over bugger all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (86)
19.37%
Labour (219)
49.32%
Liberal Democrats (59)
13.29%
Green Party (27)
6.08%
Brexit Party (6)
1.35%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.68%
SNP (9)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.68%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.35%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)