The Student Room Group

should I be ashamed of being Lesbian?

my grandparents are always saying it's wrong to be lesbian, sometimes they get into my head. I don't know how to feel about myself
It's not wrong - if you are lesbian, it's who you are. Whom does it harm?
You are who you are and that’s fine
If they’re old then it may be hard for them to accept although that isn’t an excuse
If you love them try to be a bit patient and explain. But you shouldn’t keep doing so
they are.

Be proud of being LGBT+, it's an awesome thing!
Join the discussion here
Reply 4
you should not be ashamed, being a lesbian is a beautiful and natural thing. if you don’t already, finding a group of lgbt people who can support you whether online or irl might be helpful - when i was coming to terms with my identity it helped a lot to see and speak with fellow lesbians who were open and happy as their true selves, it showed me that it was possible for me to get to that point one day as well.
Original post by StellaCoolGurl
my grandparents are always saying it's wrong to be lesbian, sometimes they get into my head. I don't know how to feel about myself

It isnt wring, no. You are who you are and they are going to have to deal with it whether they like it or not.

This isnt just to do with this issue with older people - the world has changed and ‘their day’ is long gone.

it's not wrong, the only ones who are wrong are ones who insult you for it
More of my female friends are lesbians compared to straight.

It was socially wrong in their day, as a girl in the 1900's your role was to bring up the family and do housework, sorry to stereotype, but its true
Just be who you want to be.
Reply 9

I remember when I was at my nan's house and some women started making out with each other on a TV show, my nan started screwing up her face making disgusting faces and sounds

I found it arousing it though. The women were hot!
Reply 10

tbh though, you shouldn't be surprised by your grandparents views...

https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/06/1_21.png
Certainly not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending