Stop telling me to vote. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is so annoying. Like I know I have to vote, I am not a child. I just find it so annoying how everyone is virtue signaling on social media right now, people who don't know a thing about politics, all posting "vote this vote that". SHUT THE **** UP. NO ONE CARES HOW 'WOKE' YOU ARE.

kthanksbye xoxoxoxoxoxox
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is so annoying. Like I know I have to vote, I am not a child. I just find it so annoying how everyone is virtue signaling on social media right now, people who don't know a thing about politics, all posting "vote this vote that". SHUT THE **** UP. NO ONE CARES HOW 'WOKE' YOU ARE.

kthanksbye xoxoxoxoxoxox
If you don't vote you lose the right to criticise the government or the opposition. Men lost their lives so you could vote
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
If you don't vote you lose the right to criticise the government or the opposition. Men lost their lives so you could vote
???
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Vote!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by J Papi)
???
Exactly!!!!!!!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am not a child.
kthanksbye xoxoxoxoxoxox
/thread.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay now go vote.
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
???
Why are you confused?
Anonymous #1
Vote!
What does vote mean? I don't even know. Someone educate meeeee
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you don't vote you lose the right to criticise the government or the opposition. Men and women lost their lives so you could vote.
Had to put that in there
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That is absolute bull****, you don't lose rights for not voting.
Omid45321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Men and Women (suffragettes) have died so you can vote. This election is going to shape the future of our country so if I was you, I would register to vote right now (before midnight) and if you are 18 before the 12th, go and vote. This is such an ignorant thing to say. You say you do not care but you care enough that you went out your own way to comment on here, so it clearly is on your mind. Make sure your voice is heard and go and vote. Don't say you do not care, because it will have an impact on your future.
Anonymous #1

I didn't say I don't care about voting. I am not daft, I know that the right to vote is a PRIVILEGE. I made the post because I am frankly sick of people going on and on about it, I think most people on social media who post this sort of nonsense happen to be hypocrites and don't know a thing about politics. It's like that friend who can't resist KFC every other day but retweets or posts Instagram stories about coral reef dying and of course, let us not forget Greta darling. I just really hate the sheep mentality and people posting political **** mindlessly because they feel like they have to be 'woke' and posting "MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT" every other hour is just a way of virtue signalling that I don't appreciate.

(Original post by Omid45321)
Men and Women (suffragettes) have died so you can vote. This election is going to shape the future of our country so if I was you, I would register to vote right now (before midnight) and if you are 18 before the 12th, go and vote. This is such an ignorant thing to say. You say you do not care but you care enough that you went out your own way to comment on here, so it clearly is on your mind. Make sure your voice is heard and go and vote. Don't say you do not care, because it will have an impact on your future.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Why are you confused?
It's such a **** argument ...

also one that has pretty much fallen out of favour with the leftist radicals who hate the present system the most
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's such a **** argument ...

also one that has pretty much fallen out of favour with the leftist radicals who hate the present system the most
It doesn’t really have to be concerned with voting. It’s anything in general. If you physically haven’t tried to make a change or at least get your voice heard, you can’t really be bashing on the present situation.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Of course I can. I hate both and I would never support either. There is no party that aligns with my political views.
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Of course I can. I hate both and I would never support either. There is no party that aligns with my political views.
There’s still the option of spoiling your ballot so you’re at least not counted in the “non-voters”.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There’s still the option of spoiling your ballot so you’re at least not counted in the “non-voters”.
Literally no-one cares if you do that. Might as well wipe your arse with your voting slip.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gcx)
Thank.You.

I don't know why so many of the posters seem to be assuming that I have an issue with voting. That is not what the post was about at all. Just goes to show how quick people are right now to say "omg guuuuuurl vote. DON'T YOU CaRe?"

Unwatching the thread now, thank you all for letting me vent out xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It doesn’t really have to be concerned with voting. It’s anything in general. If you physically haven’t tried to make a change or at least get your voice heard, you can’t really be bashing on the present situation.
No that's the point, it's precisely because people can achieve change through other means other than voting that the argument is ****. The person who doesn't actively support any of the mainstream parties may still bring change through volunteering, petitions, talking to politicians, etc.

It's also **** because it's a cheap attempt at contractarianism and guilt-tripping, but that's another matter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (11)
37.93%
No I don't (11)
37.93%
I work during the holidays (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads