Stop telling me to vote. Watch

RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Literally no-one cares if you do that. Might as well wipe your arse with your voting slip.
It’s still a form of protest and you’ll be added to the statistic of those who spoiled their ballots. If more and more people voice their opinions this way, then it effectively sends the message “I don’t agree with any of you” and could spark a change.
adrenochrome
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
here, get my respect. well said
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by J Papi)
No that's the point, it's precisely because people can achieve change through other means other than voting that the argument is ****. The person who doesn't actively support any of the mainstream parties may still bring change through volunteering, petitions, talking to politicians, etc.

It's also **** because it's a cheap attempt at contractarianism and guilt-tripping, but that's another matter
*she snapped*

Really don't like how people use emotive language when 'teaching' you the importance of voting. People seem to have forgotten that you can get your point across without being patronising. Literally unfollowed all of the SJW friends on Instagram, they share too many graphic videos.
Genuinely will never understand why people feel the need to educate others on social media about politics. Last place I will go to for guidance.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Vote Labour
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
you live in democracy. vote labour to secure it. is this something difficult to you?
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
It’s still a form of protest and you’ll be added to the statistic of those who spoiled their ballots. If more and more people voice their opinions this way, then it effectively sends the message “I don’t agree with any of you” and could spark a change.
Just don't think it's a particularly meaningful or substantial form of protest. It's almost like armchair activism. (well, it kind of is)
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just do what ye want, who cares what other people have to say on this
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Problem is that this never happens, and the ups-and-downs of the 'spoilt ballot' segment of the vote are rarely reported on or analysed...

By contrast, a swing between Labour and the Tories will be discussed to death and will probably crowd out the above in terms of raw coverage
Doodlegame
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Besides repeating what everyone else has said, politics isn't just who's on the news in parliament, politics is the tax you pay, the bins that are collected, the roads being maintained, funding in schools, the prices of food......

Politics is everything arround you, not voting if you have the chance is extremely ignorant
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
lmfao you can just ignore it or unfollow people that post about it if you don't want to hear about it.
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OK zoomer
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Problem is that this never happens, and the ups-and-downs of the 'spoilt ballot' segment of the vote are rarely reported on or analysed...

By contrast, a swing between Labour and the Tories will be discussed to death and will probably crowd out the above in terms of raw coverage
True, but it backs my point on what could happen if everyone tried. Of course I agree with you guys on the issues persistently pestering or using social media to influence voters, but if there isn’t a valid reason why someone can’t be bothered to put a mark on a bit of paper (which is one of the only opportunities where people have a say without others getting ahead because of race, gender, class and other inequalities in our world), then I will have to disagree in my opinion.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
votey mcvoteface
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if it convinces some people to get off their arse and vote, I don't care! I'm under no duress to view the content.
Doodlegame
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by the bear)
votey mcvoteface
That's still going...?? 🤣
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is so annoying. Like I know I have to vote, I am not a child. I just find it so annoying how everyone is virtue signaling on social media right now, people who don't know a thing about politics, all posting "vote this vote that". SHUT THE **** UP. NO ONE CARES HOW 'WOKE' YOU ARE.

kthanksbye xoxoxoxoxoxox
People are literally dying. Nothing to do with seeming woke.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
*she snapped*

Really don't like how people use emotive language when 'teaching' you the importance of voting. People seem to have forgotten that you can get your point across without being patronising. Literally unfollowed all of the SJW friends on Instagram, they share too many graphic videos.
Genuinely will never understand why people feel the need to educate others on social media about politics. Last place I will go to for guidance.
Yeah I don't get why people are aggressively political on social media.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
True, but it backs my point on what could happen if everyone tried. Of course I agree with you guys on the issues persistently pestering or using social media to influence voters, but if there isn’t a valid reason why someone can’t be bothered to put a mark on a bit of paper (which is one of the only opportunities where people have a say without others getting ahead because of race, gender, class and other inequalities in our world), then I will have to disagree in my opinion.
There are plenty of valid reasons - you can google them. If anything, this outright dismissal of these reasons ("the only reason why people don't go out to vote is because they're lazy or irrational") is part of the condescension the OP is talking about.
tacobeth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
because it’s so important that you vote, you’d be surprised how many young people are of age yet don’t use their vote. it’s because of them that we got stuck with the tories in power for so long
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are plenty of valid reasons - you can google them. If anything, this outright dismissal of these reasons ("the only reason why people don't go out to vote is because they're lazy or irrational") is part of the condescension the OP is talking about.
Yeah I’m not hating on those with valid reasons, nor am I backing the “lazy” argument being the only argument. I just think people need to see the power of a vote, that’s all. If they still decide not to then fair enough. :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (43)
33.08%
No I don't (61)
46.92%
I work during the holidays (26)
20%

Watched Threads