The Student Room Group

RE OCR A-level - Ethics

Hi, I have a question regarding the ethics section of the RE OCR A-level course. There are nine topics in this section: Natural Law, Kant, Situation Ethics, Utilitarianism (the four ethical theories), and then business ethics, euthanasia, sexual ethics, conscience and meta-ethics. My teacher has said that for the A-level exam, there is no need to study the four ethical theories individually because we would not get a question on them, we would only get application questions. Is this true? I´ve looked at the past papers and so far that has been the case, there has not been a question asking just about the theory or asking to compare two theories; rather, they have all been like "Utilitarianism is of no use in regards to business ethics. Discuss". However, what he told us is not explicitly stated anywhere on the specification. Could anyone clarify?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest