Is my sex drive becoming a problem? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I've had this problem for a while now but it doesn't seem to be subsiding, so I thought I would ask if anyone else has the same issue (or I'm just weird) and if anyone has any advice.

A little personal information about myself. I'm a 21 year old female, currently only had sex once, but my body etc makes it difficult to find sexual partners.

Now the issue. I find myself thinking about sex any time I'm left alone with my thoughts, such as waking up and trying to sleep, or even if I'm just on public transport alone and trying to blast music through my headphones to distract myself. It's not like some crazy perverted thing where I act upon these thoughts, but small fantasies or scenarios will just cloud my thoughts. I believe the amount I think about sex is getting unhealthy. Yes, if I'm alone and these thoughts attack me I will sometimes masturbate to get rid of them, so for anyone who was going to suggest getting 'toys' or simply trying to get laid, I don't think that would help much, If anything I think actually going out and having sex may make it worse.
This isn't something I want to go see my GP about because frankly I'm way too anxious for that, and a Therapist also wouldn't be possible because I have no money or would have to go through the GP.
Anyone have any advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm in the exact same situation as you! And you know what, I think its normal. The only time I'm not thinking about it, is when I'm distracted with other events that goes on which doesn't happen often.

I'm still stuck with those thoughts 90% of the time and I'm just living with it. Glad to know I'm not the only innocent (because I don't act upon the thoughts), dirty minded lady here!
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm in the exact same situation as you! And you know what, I think its normal. The only time I'm not thinking about it, is when I'm distracted with other events that goes on which doesn't happen often.

I'm still stuck with those thoughts 90% of the time and I'm just living with it. Glad to know I'm not the only innocent (because I don't act upon the thoughts), dirty minded lady here!
How is one dirty minded for thinking about sex frequently? It is normal! Some studies suggest that women generally think about sex about 18 times a day! Nothing to bother about. If you are in an intimate relationship perhaps it is even more?!
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I've had this problem for a while now but it doesn't seem to be subsiding, so I thought I would ask if anyone else has the same issue (or I'm just weird) and if anyone has any advice.

A little personal information about myself. I'm a 21 year old female, currently only had sex once, but my body etc makes it difficult to find sexual partners.

Now the issue. I find myself thinking about sex any time I'm left alone with my thoughts, such as waking up and trying to sleep, or even if I'm just on public transport alone and trying to blast music through my headphones to distract myself. It's not like some crazy perverted thing where I act upon these thoughts, but small fantasies or scenarios will just cloud my thoughts. I believe the amount I think about sex is getting unhealthy. Yes, if I'm alone and these thoughts attack me I will sometimes masturbate to get rid of them, so for anyone who was going to suggest getting 'toys' or simply trying to get laid, I don't think that would help much, If anything I think actually going out and having sex may make it worse.
This isn't something I want to go see my GP about because frankly I'm way too anxious for that, and a Therapist also wouldn't be possible because I have no money or would have to go through the GP.
Anyone have any advice?
"small fantasies or scenarios will just cloud my thoughts. I believe the amount I think about sex is getting unhealthy". Research studies suggest thinking about sex 18 times a day is the norm! Maybe you are "religious " or have been parented or taught to think that sex is "dirty" , frankly by hypocrites usually! People think about sex regularly whoever they are- they just may not tell in you in the canteen or in the queue in a shop! lol. Keep thinking about the joys of sex. It is a normal drive that humans have, like hunger for example. Also, what do you think the only purpose of the cl..t is in a woman? And you are just beginning your practical sexual experience life. its fine. Nothing wrong with you. Enjoy!
Last edited by mgi; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
How is one dirty minded for thinking about sex frequently? It is normal! Some studies suggest that women generally think about sex about 18 times a day! Nothing to bother about. If you are in an intimate relationship perhaps it is even more?!
Glad it's normal, I was about to think that I just had one of those minds where I can't be left alone with these sex thoughts at all!

Thanks for clearing it up, cheers! xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads