Studentinneed01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey, i do AS lit (ocr) and am studying Streetcar Named Desire, Tempest, Rosetti and The Bloody Chamber. I was wondering on how to make essay plans especially for Streetcar because theres SO much to say how do i know what to write? Mocks are in december :/
FionaMacrae
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I'm currently doing OCR English Lit A level, so I think I can help you out here.

I make some plans in advance, and these are generally on themes and characters (themes are far more useful for comparative). My preferred method of planning Is mind mapping, because it means you can go back and add things later when you're reviewing them. For each theme, think of 3 or 4 sub-themes, and for each sub-theme as many bits of the text that are relevant, then quotes.

Also, when you go through your texts, pick out quotes you can use for more than one theme - then you can half the work you need to do!

I hope this helps you out x
Studentinneed01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by FionaMacrae)
Hey, I'm currently doing OCR English Lit A level, so I think I can help you out here.

I make some plans in advance, and these are generally on themes and characters (themes are far more useful for comparative). My preferred method of planning Is mind mapping, because it means you can go back and add things later when you're reviewing them. For each theme, think of 3 or 4 sub-themes, and for each sub-theme as many bits of the text that are relevant, then quotes.

Also, when you go through your texts, pick out quotes you can use for more than one theme - then you can half the work you need to do!

I hope this helps you out x
thanks for the advice. may i ask, what texts are u studying? and are you first or second year?
FionaMacrae
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Studentinneed01)
thanks for the advice. may i ask, what texts are u studying? and are you first or second year?
I'm in my second year now, and I didn't do AS levels.
My texts are Sense and Sensibility, The Merchant's Tale, Twelfth Night, Mrs Dalloway and The Duchess of Malfi, and for coursework The Secret Scripture, the poems of Elizabeth Bishop, and Waiting for Godot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (47)
24.74%
No, but I have thought about it (51)
26.84%
No (92)
48.42%

Watched Threads