Leianne McGlone
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

Wondering if there are any current nursing students that might have some advice or tips for the group interview. I got invited to an interview in Dec and i dont really know what to expect. Thanks xx
Kajaba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Leianne McGlone)
Hi,

Wondering if there are any current nursing students that might have some advice or tips for the group interview. I got invited to an interview in Dec and i dont really know what to expect. Thanks xx
Hi, in the group interview they are looking for good team work and communication. Potential nurses should be kind, and work as a team. Hope this helps. Where is your interview?
Leianne McGlone
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Kajaba)
Hi, in the group interview they are looking for good team work and communication. Potential nurses should be kind, and work as a team. Hope this helps. Where is your interview?
Ahh ok what kind of things do they do?.. My interview is at the Paisley Campus
Arzoo Imran
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I am a first year adult nursing student at University. The group interview just shows how well you communicate and work as a team. However, mine was kind of different as there were less people. There were three interviewers and 5 students including me. I think we did a carousal and every student got to talk to an interviewer.

In my group interview, each interviewer I went to had a different scenario and I had to say how I would respond to a situation like this e.g. if a patient tells me that they self harm and requests me not to report it. In this scenario, would you respect the patient's wishes and keep quiet or would you still report it seeing it as a duty of care and a responsibility?

Hope this helps.
Kajaba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ahh ok what kind of things do they do?.. My interview is at the Paisley Campus
They’ll give you a discussion or puzzle to work out, something that gets you all involved! We didn't have any scenarios. I don't think they look at “if” you work it out correctly. They’ll just be watching how you all communicate and what you are like individually. Honestly there is nothing to worry about. Just be yourself! Let me know how it goes☺️
Last edited by Kajaba; 3 months ago
Leianne McGlone
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Arzoo Imran)
Hi, I am a first year adult nursing student at University. The group interview just shows how well you communicate and work as a team. However, mine was kind of different as there were less people. There were three interviewers and 5 students including me. I think we did a carousal and every student got to talk to an interviewer.

In my group interview, each interviewer I went to had a different scenario and I had to say how I would respond to a situation like this e.g. if a patient tells me that they self harm and requests me not to report it. In this scenario, would you respect the patient's wishes and keep quiet or would you still report it seeing it as a duty of care and a responsibility?

Hope this helps.
Ahhh ok that's great, thanks for your help this helps massively. How are you enjoying your first year?
Leianne McGlone
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Kajaba)
They’ll give you a discussion or puzzle to work out, something that gets you all involved! We didn't have any scenarios. I don't think they look at “if” you work it out correctly. They’ll just be watching how you all communicate and what you are like individually. Honestly there is nothing to worry about. Just be yourself! Let me know how it goes☺️
Brilliant thanks for your help. I will do.

Thanks again.
ngemmell1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi my interview was suppose to be dec but had to be rescheduled and will be the 1st if feb is anyone else this date
Leianne McGlone
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ngemmell1)
Hi my interview was suppose to be dec but had to be rescheduled and will be the 1st if feb is anyone else this date
I had my interview in dec... good luck xx
Molly-M
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ngemmell1)
I have my interview on Saturday too, plus the numeracy test. I’m very nervous and trying to study maths is driving me crazy!
ngemmell1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I had my interview in dec... good luck xx
Amazing have you heard back or have they left you waiting xx
ngemmell1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Molly-M)
I have my interview on Saturday too, plus the numeracy test. I’m very nervous and trying to study maths is driving me crazy!
My friend was wondering if I had a numeracy test but they haven't mentioned to me at all? Did they advise you via email are you 10:15 on sat xx
Molly-M
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t have the maths qualification so that’s why I need to do the test.
My invitation to interview included the numeracy test too.
Last edited by Molly-M; 4 weeks ago
ngemmell1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t have the maths qualification so that’s why I need to do the test.
My invitation to interview included the numeracy test too.
Someone I know was worried about it last year and she said it was a lot easier than she expected x
Molly-M
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Fingers crossed! I’m getting myself all worked up and confused re fractions, decimals and percentages!!
ngemmell1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you dont any other prep form tomorrow I feel like I really should be reading up on things x
Molly-M
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How did you get on?
Think my nerves got the better of me! April is a long time to wait!?
Leianne McGlone
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
How did you get on?
Think my nerves got the better of me! April is a long time to wait!?
Mine was in dec and think the nerves got the better of me too! Im sure we done better than we think, But now it's a waiting game.. april?! Really?! Jeezo its torture waiting xx
Molly-M
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mine was in dec and think the nerves got the better of me too! Im sure we done better than we think, But now it's a waiting game.. april?! Really?! Jeezo its torture waiting xx
They said it’s be end of March early April before we hear.
ngemmell1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It did go as bad as I though it would! The guy interviewing my group said they wait until and the interviews are done before they start confirming places but should hear by the end of march ir to get in touch x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?