People who put in no effort - A levels Watch

safia.2002
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
I really don't think this is a fair comment.

I don't why negative attitudes towards academics/learning are basically normalised nowadays and people with positive attitudes made fun of...
OP's comment wasn't positive .
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chem.queenp)
What do you mean have a life ? You’re acting like you do anything more important than studying. And I don’t care about your A grades, this isn’t what the threads about . I don't believe I am superior to anybody I just can’t stand lazy and disruptive students.
I feel that disruptive is the key thing here. I think a lot of people made it seem like you were making fun of low ability/struggling students for being low ability/struggling. Could tell this is not the case but I think this is what everyone else took from it.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 week ago
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by safia.2002)
OP's comment wasn't positive .
Idk, to me it reflects a reasonably positive attitude towards academics, though they might be slightly passionate about getting their point across.
safia.2002
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you mean have a life ? You’re acting like you do anything more important than studying. And I don’t care about your A grades, this isn’t what the threads about . I don't believe I am superior to anybody I just can’t stand lazy and disruptive students.
You sure sound like it
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Just wait until university hahahaha
(Original post by OR321)
Lmaoooo you’re gonna have a rough time in uni then
Might be being stupid but I don't see what you mean, lol.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
I mean, in uni, there’s always people stopping lectures/seminars to ask questions. And also loads of people that don’t do the readings (including myself lmao) so have no clue what’s going on and end up talking/chilling, if you know what I mean
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
At university you’ll meet all kinds of people, including those who you have no idea why they’re on the course and put no effort in, never turn up to lectures and you wonder why they’re still there.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pre...reading?

(Original post by _gcx)
Standards of effort just seem a lot more variable at uni. Probably because so much more work is self-directed, and people cope variably well with independence and generally looking after themselves! The syllabus and learning objectives just generally aren't as well defined too... I'd definitely agree that this was a much bigger problem at uni than beforehand, and I went to a uni with pretty uniform entry standards - not the case elsewhere!
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by OR321)
I mean, in uni, there’s always people stopping lectures/seminars to ask questions. And also loads of people that don’t do the readings (including myself lmao) so have no clue what’s going on and end up talking/chilling, if you know what I mean
Oh yeah, I see - hoped that wasn't as much as a universal thing as it seems to be.

There were some disruptive people in my lectures, when I did go, but luckily those people usually start bunking since there are no repercussions.

Hopefully wherever OP goes they can find a group of interested people, which I have failed to do so far lol since students with the attitude that you describe seem to be pretty commonplace.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Oh yeah, I see - hoped that wasn't as much as a universal thing as it seems to be.

There were some disruptive people in my lectures, when I did go, but luckily those people usually start bunking since there are no repercussions.

Hopefully wherever OP goes they can find a group of interested people, which I have failed to do so far lol since students with the attitude that you describe seem to be pretty commonplace.
Yeah, I might not have a clue myself what’s going on but I never distract others 😂😂✌️
lilTrain
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
boohoo. if youre really that smart then get ahead on the content and people "slowing down the lesson" wouldnt be an excuse, everyone goes at their own pace and has little to do with your own. complaining about others abilities is immature

i give 4/10
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m not arrogant or selfish at all. I have had to WORK to get to the level I am at now so why can’t others do the same and save us some time ? They just sit there wasting the teachers time and more importantly STUDENTS time.
Because your parents chose to educate you in the mainstream comprehensive state sector. If you want motivated kids who've been preselected academically, then you need to go private (unless you happen to be very fortunate with your catchment comp)
Ectover_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by klopp)
i put in hardly any effort for alvels and i got A*A*A in maths,further maths and physics
Litterly nobody asked.
Ectover_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I understand exactly where you’re coming from. I have no problem with students asking questions. In fact I actually find it helpful because sometimes they ask something that I didn’t even think about asking. However, most of the time my class asks dozens of questions before the teacher even gets to explain the topic. It’s so frustrating because (most of) their questions are so irrelevant and not needed for our exams. I’d say it’s better for them to read the specification before every class to avoid those dumb questions
Last edited by Ectover_; 1 week ago
Ectover_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by klopp)
shut up u waffler
Sorry Einstein
klopp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ectover_)
Sorry Einstein
shuuush
User135792468
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is it just me who hates careless people who put in no effort and slow the lesson down . It’s irritating that myself and others who pre-read have to be slowed down because of these stupid idiots Lol. Just me or AIBU
The teacher determines the pace of the lessons since they follow deadlines set by the department. Nobody is stopping you from pre-reading and teaching yourself at home. You don’t have to be rude
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ectover_)
I understand exactly where you’re coming from. I have no problem with students asking questions. In fact I actually find it helpful because sometimes they ask something that I didn’t even think about asking. However, most of the time my class asks dozens of questions before the teacher even gets to explain the topic. It’s so frustrating because (most of) their questions are so irrelevant and not needed for our exams. I’d say it’s better for them to read the specification before every class to avoid those dumb questions
This is as much the fault of your teacher for not setting clear guidelines and controlling the lesson properly. He or she should make it clear that there is a time for content, and a time for questions, and be clear about when each of these happen.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m not arrogant or selfish at all. I have had to WORK to get to the level I am at now so why can’t others do the same and save us some time ? They just sit there wasting the teachers time and more importantly STUDENTS time.
I'm so glad I don't teach you. How on earth can you anticipate how I'll introduce a topic? How can you link to future learning or do you know the whole syllabus already?
Ectover_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
This is as much the fault of your teacher for not setting clear guidelines and controlling the lesson properly. He or she should make it clear that there is a time for content, and a time for questions, and be clear about when each of these happen.
True but surely at this point you’d expect grown year 13s to know when the time for content is and when the suitable time for questions is without the need of somebody telling them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)