wills21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I'm a qualified GCSE maths tutor in y13 so just ask away any questions you have and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
LELainey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm doing my year11 non-calculator mock tomorrow and have been worried that I've only been revising the basics of each topic, not really going in depth. What are the most likely topics to come up and which ones usually require the most marks? Will I still get enough marks for me to pass if I can't do the complex questions? (I do edexcel higher)
wills21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by LELainey)
I'm doing my year11 non-calculator mock tomorrow and have been worried that I've only been revising the basics of each topic, not really going in depth. What are the most likely topics to come up and which ones usually require the most marks? Will I still get enough marks for me to pass if I can't do the complex questions? (I do edexcel higher)
Hi!
I’m so sorry for the late reply... but this may help with future exams.
The aim is to get the first 14 questions correct which can guarantee a 7 apparently. Revising the simpler topics may not guarantee this as the easier topics commonly have lower marks with them. Revise some of the “harder” topics which you find easier.
Index rules and quadratics are always very popular in non-calc papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?