being 16-18 sucks, or is that just me Watch

aeneas_son
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
title speaks for itself lmao. i feel like everything is falling apart : ( might just be desperate to get on with life, but i feel like a damn robot with these exams and uni applications and sleepless nights. please tell me it gets better
firthmgrimsby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know exactly how it feels :/ hopefully it gets better?
000_0000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it the yrs of exams
not fun.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nahhhh. I’m 18 and the past few years have been the best years of my life. I think you need a break to just chill and do whatever the **** you want.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aeneas_son)
title speaks for itself lmao. i feel like everything is falling apart : ( might just be desperate to get on with life, but i feel like a damn robot with these exams and uni applications and sleepless nights. please tell me it gets better
Yes, most definitely it does. I agree with you - I wouldn't want to be 18 again for all the tea in China.
strictlylover
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
better than being much older and your health starts falling apart.
Trogloyte
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep, currently, 17, and my life is literally just school and internal suffering
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You know what sucks more?

Being 61-81 (and beyond).

Enjoy being a healthy person, with your whole life in front of you.
FlawlessChicken
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Too old to be treated like a child but too young to be treated like an adult .... frustrating coz we're dealing with hormones and sooo many other changes too
icy098
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
[QUOTE=aeneas_son;86166656]title speaks for itself lmao. i feel like everything is falling apart : ( might just be desperate to get on with life, but i feel like a damn robot with these exams and uni applications and sleepless nights. please tell me it gets better[/QUOTE
Felt like t
Exactly how I felt today, but
Exactly how I felt today, but we have to get through these months of hard word and hopefully it’ll pay off but omds is it hard
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FlawlessChicken)
Too old to be treated like a child but too young to be treated like an adult .... frustrating coz we're dealing with hormones and sooo many other changes too
They are all changes for the better (to make you an adult). You have the best (most healthy / productive / fun) years of your life to look forward too.

It all goes downhill from 30 (in terms of fun / health etc.), and you'll wish you were 16 again for the rest of your life from that point.

Live in the moment, stop longing to be older / younger and enjoy yourself. Otherwise your whole life you'll just be "I wish I was older"... then "I wish I was younger", and in a flash you are 80 years old and your life is near the end.

Enjoy being young!
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah 16-18 was chill, still living at home with parents, have a solid group of friends, a stable social environment. I'm almost 19 now, in uni in a whole new country, adulthood thrust upon me, crazy workload, anxiety on making good friends, don't know what the f*ck I'm doing with my life, and going to uni to procrastinate real life and feeling even more lost lmaoo
Last edited by pinesandapples2001; 1 month ago
aeneas_son
Rep:
?
(Original post by pinesandapples2001)
Nah 16-18 was chill, still living at home with parents, have a solid group of friends, a stable social environment. I'm almost 19 now, in uni in a whole new country, adulthood thrust upon me, crazy workload, anxiety on making good friends, don't know what the f*ck I'm doing with my life, and going to uni to procrastinate real life and feeling even more lost lmaoo
sounds like it doesnt ever get better unless you know what you're doing haha. ive decided that nothing will change for me until i get my act sorted out. ive been a bit miserable because ive been procrastinating like hell too, and im getting work done? but none of it is necessarily staying in my head. everything is so half arsed on my part, but i cant seem to find enjoyment in learning like i used do : (

still, im working on turning things around. and to everyone else thats in the same position as me mentally, i hope we can all reach a better place in the future
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Life in general sucks, tbh. In my experience, things get worse the older you get. At 16-18, you have your whole life ahead of you and the hope that things will get better...
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To quote the Beatles and at least one fictional dentist: “I get by with a little help from my friends.”
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It doesn’t get much better in Uni.. well I guess it does in first year but after that, it’s exams, coursework, managing personal finance, taking on responsibilities for things you had no idea even needed to be done, internships, more money issues, job applications…
aeneas_son
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3121)
It doesn’t get much better in Uni.. well I guess it does in first year but after that, it’s exams, coursework, managing personal finance, taking on responsibilities for things you had no idea even needed to be done, internships, more money issues, job applications…
ouch really? so adulting really isnt all that exciting (not that i expected much different). i hope it doesnt take too long to get to a stable place
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah i'm around 10 years older and it's unreal how happier i am in the real world... making money, no exam stress and evenings spent studying, no insecurities etc.
adam271
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ouch really? so adulting really isnt all that exciting (not that i expected much different). i hope it doesnt take too long to get to a stable place
Depends on you. Either way you still have to get a mortgage then pay it off over the next 20-30 years by doing the same job over and over...
It sucks.

The things you think are issues now will be laughable in a few years time when you look back at them. You should enjoy it and think to yourself if these are my biggest issues I have to deal with then life is good.
Graham Morris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
its **** being young full stop especially under a tory government
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (66)
27.39%
1 (40)
16.6%
2 (40)
16.6%
3 (33)
13.69%
4 (16)
6.64%
5 (20)
8.3%