Revision tips and resources for A level Spanish Watch

Ali-liyyah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys. Hope you’re all doing great. I was just wondering if anyone has some tips on how to revise A level Spanish and if they have any revision notes they wouldn’t mind sharing. If anyone has any, please share them. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance x
Last edited by Ali-liyyah; 1 week ago

meminisse19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which exam board is this for?
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
?
AQA x
meminisse19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What book + film are you doing? There should be study guides on Amazon to help you for Paper 2. Translations in paper 1- practice is key, remember that for translating into English the finished translation should look like a normal readable English text as that is what will be on the markscheme. You’ll get extra marks for rendering it in a more English sounding way so practice and learn how to take small liberties eg changing word order to make it sound more natural and you will be credited for it.
For your speaking exam, the Irp is just a matter of knowing your research inside out but for the first bit of the exam where you talk about a card, use the textbook to revise statistics and info (you know how there’s like articles and random info on each page of the textbook, especially the Lo sabías? boxes? Use those, that’s what they’re there for.) make flash cards on relevant data from those pages and you can use it in the speaking exam to get high marks for cultural awareness. i Also recommend to practice listening, listen to music and watch films/tv series on Netflix in Spanish with Spanish (not English) subtitles on, this will help your brain to get used to recognising spoken language and picking out the words. Don’t worry if you don’t understand all of it, focus on matching up what you hear to what you read on the subtitles
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
?
Ok thank you so much for your help. I’m studying Volver as my film and La Casa de Bernada Alba as my book. Anyone have any notes on these x?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?