Doing HE with functional skills level 2

Watch
88dg11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can i go to university with HE diploma and fs level 2s in maths and English? I'm currently 30 and do not have 5 GCSE at grade c from school many years ago, but at that stage now where i need to finish my UCAS application. has anyone on here gone on to university with the required UCAS points and only fs lv2s? Thanks.
stepheds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some universities will accept functional skills. Have a look at each one you want to apply to and check their criteria. They will tell you if they want GCSE’s or it will state ‘or equivalent’ if they also accept FS. If you’re totally unsure, email the admissions teams and ask them.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 88dg11)
Can i go to university with HE diploma and fs level 2s in maths and English? I'm currently 30 and do not have 5 GCSE at grade c from school many years ago, but at that stage now where i need to finish my UCAS application. has anyone on here gone on to university with the required UCAS points and only fs lv2s? Thanks.
Hi there 88dg11

As stepheds says, some universities will accept Functional Skills tests, but the best way to know is to contact the universities you're interested in and ask them. Another option to consider is a GCSE Equivalency. Some universities will run these and again, they can be accepted. Details on these can be found here.

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (845)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.36%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads