Anyone else get really disorientated when using a computer for hours? Any solutions? Watch

WaffleApple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Well as some of you already know I do web development. That can mean 15 hour days behind a computer screen. I admit, I probably only have one or two breaks in between that for a maximum of 20-40 minutes. After about 7 hours I start getting really disorientated, dizzy and wobbly. First time it happened I thought I was having a stroke lol. Anyone else experience this? If so any solutions? Because I have lots and lots of work to complete
stepheds
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should be aiming for more break than that. Even just a comfort break of a few minutes. Such a long time to be sat in one position
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Frequent short breaks. Every 20-30 minutes take a 1-2 minute break, even get up and walk around for a minute. Look around while walking and try to look at the distance. (Moving from computer to cellphone is not a break, same is with paper or tv, looking around or closing your eyes is a break).
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kathy89)
Frequent short breaks. Every 20-30 minutes take a 1-2 minute break, even get up and walk around for a minute. Look around while walking and try to look at the distance. (Moving from computer to cellphone is not a break, same is with paper or tv, looking around or closing your eyes is a break).
What she said, except try having a 45 minute work five minute break for water and food and going to the loo, and ten minutes to relax your brain.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WaffleApple)
Well as some of you already know I do web development. That can mean 15 hour days behind a computer screen. I admit, I probably only have one or two breaks in between that for a maximum of 20-40 minutes. After about 7 hours I start getting really disorientated, dizzy and wobbly. First time it happened I thought I was having a stroke lol. Anyone else experience this? If so any solutions? Because I have lots and lots of work to complete
the solution is simple. You need to take more breaks
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When people worked in factories and coal mines did they complain! Get on with building the interwebs.
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 3121)
When people worked in factories and coal mines did they complain! Get on with building the interwebs.
How is this helpful?

Also yeah they did, there were strikes and everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (4)
19.05%
Labour (10)
47.62%
Liberal Democrats (1)
4.76%
Green Party (3)
14.29%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (1)
4.76%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
4.76%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)