Want more information about this university?
mahnoor_ar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Have an interview at Edge Hill in a week, how should I prepare?
Edge Hill University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by mahnoor_ar)
Have an interview at Edge Hill in a week, how should I prepare?
Hi, hope you're well!

Congratulations on your interview Here's a few things you can do to prepare:

-Research the course you're interviewing for. In your case, you'll want to look at the Paramedic Practice course page on our website. Consider what you'll study on the course, the balance between lessons and placements, etc.
-Research Edge Hill, too. If you're studying Paramedic Practice, you'll be at our St James' Manchester site. Why will the facilities there benefit you, and what are the positives about the location? Things like this will come in useful when expressing why you want to study with us.
-Think about examples of your past work/studies and how it relates to this course. It could be a direct link ("I worked at a hospital where I learned about the work paramedics do") or an indirect link ("I took part in voluntary work which taught me how to work in a team").
-In your interview, you may feel nervous, and that's okay! Our interviews are more about getting to know you, so we're not out to get you. Focus on bringing your personality and experience across.
-If you're feeling really nervous, focus on smaller actions to combat this. For instance, make eye contact with your interviewer and sit upright. You don't need to overcompensate for nerves by being overly confident or cocky.

Good luck!
Alex
mahnoor_ar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Edge Hill University)
Hi, hope you're well!

Congratulations on your interview Here's a few things you can do to prepare:

-Research the course you're interviewing for. In your case, you'll want to look at the Paramedic Practice course page on our website. Consider what you'll study on the course, the balance between lessons and placements, etc.
-Research Edge Hill, too. If you're studying Paramedic Practice, you'll be at our St James' Manchester site. Why will the facilities there benefit you, and what are the positives about the location? Things like this will come in useful when expressing why you want to study with us.
-Think about examples of your past work/studies and how it relates to this course. It could be a direct link ("I worked at a hospital where I learned about the work paramedics do") or an indirect link ("I took part in voluntary work which taught me how to work in a team").
-In your interview, you may feel nervous, and that's okay! Our interviews are more about getting to know you, so we're not out to get you. Focus on bringing your personality and experience across.
-If you're feeling really nervous, focus on smaller actions to combat this. For instance, make eye contact with your interviewer and sit upright. You don't need to overcompensate for nerves by being overly confident or cocky.

Good luck!
Alex
Thank you!!
AliNineNine
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey, I have an interview here too in January, let me know how yours go?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (498)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (619)
41.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (302)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed