Is the UK a solid option?

Watch
khushisharma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am a Canadian student, currently in grade 10. I want to pursue a career in medicine and would one day love to become an otologist.

My plan is to go to med school right after high school. After the 4-6 years, I would come back to Canada and complete residency, etc. I heard that Australia has the same bachelors degree, so which is better? Also, does going international then coming back to Canada diminish my potential / opportunity of becoming an otologist in Canada?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What’s wrong with med schools in Canada? If you train there you will be set up for work in Canadian hospital s or Gp surgeries. Also British med schools are very expensive in terms of fees and that’s before you think about living expenses. If you want to study at Oxford the places are automatically limited for internationals. Off the top of my head there are only 18 places for internationals per year!

I do not know anything about studying medicine in Australia but my son reads medicine at Oxford and it is quite simply the best thing that ever happened to him. Also my ex husband studied at Manchester medical school and the tuition he received there was fantastic too.

If you want to go to a foreign medical school you can always apply there as part of an elective. My ex husband did his at Singapore medical school and very interesting it was too.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by khushisharma)
I am a Canadian student, currently in grade 10. I want to pursue a career in medicine and would one day love to become an otologist.

My plan is to go to med school right after high school. After the 4-6 years, I would come back to Canada and complete residency, etc. I heard that Australia has the same bachelors degree, so which is better? Also, does going international then coming back to Canada diminish my potential / opportunity of becoming an otologist in Canada?
The UK is in shambles so unless Brexit is sorted out then I’d go somewhere else
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Wow stellar grammar ik
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
i cannot talk to you about med school or your career, but i am a Canadian and i have lived in both Australia and the UK and i can tell you UK is better :yy:
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joleee)
i cannot talk to you about med school or your career, but i am a Canadian and i have lived in both Australia and the UK and i can tell you UK is better :yy:
That's nice to know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (405)
56.33%
I don't have everything I need (314)
43.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise