Why aren't the Lib Dems making a case for being in a freethinking Europe? Watch

Cass911
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The Lib Dems keep going on about how they want to reverse Brexit but don't explain why this is a good thing.
I feel they need to take a page out of Macron's book (President of France) and argue the case for a freethinking Europe, with liberal values and the EU being a force against nationalism/populism.
They could also argue EU is great on workers rights, protections, standards etc.
But the Lib Dems aren't doing this.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cass911)
The Lib Dems keep going on about how they want to reverse Brexit but don't explain why this is a good thing.
I feel they need to take a page out of Macron's book (President of France) and argue the case for a freethinking Europe, with liberal values and the EU being a force against nationalism/populism.
They could also argue EU is great on workers rights, protections, standards etc.
they are imo (and are right) but their "Stop Brexit" campaign the one that catches the eye so sticks with us and makes more impact
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cass911)
And this was the problem all along - ever since the referendum was called. No-one actually bothered to cogently make the case for staying in the EU in terms of the benefits it afforded this country and its inhabitants. The greatest failure of all. And now the crappy LibDems think just 'calling it off' is the answer!
Cass911
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
And this was the problem all along - ever since the referendum was called. No-one actually bothered to cogently make the case for staying in the EU in terms of the benefits it afforded this country and its inhabitants. The greatest failure of all. And now the crappy LibDems think just 'calling it off' is the answer!
Yeah they need to state clearly what principles and values they're for. At the moment the Lib Dems are just stating what they're against.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well its not like theyre ever going to get into power so they dont really have to put any substance behind their claims..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (43)
33.08%
No I don't (61)
46.92%
I work during the holidays (26)
20%

Watched Threads