The Student Room Group

Is sleeping in halls romantic?

Is sharing a bed in halls romantic? or is it more romantic to share a bed in your own flat together/ family house?
wh-

i-

This is such an odd question. I honestly don't know what answer you're looking for. It's no more or less romantic than sleeping in a bed with someone elsewhere. Obviously it would feel more intimate if you were on your own (i.e. no flat/housemates) but............???????
Original post by Anonymous
Is sharing a bed in halls romantic? or is it more romantic to share a bed in your own flat together/ family house?

NO! IT SUCKS! All your roommates are messy or loud.
Reply 3
Original post by PoppyCain
NO! IT SUCKS! All your roommates are messy or loud.

what if you're in a studio? i.e. there is a kitchen unit in the room too
Reply 4

I don't think you know what romance is
I thought this was capital R Romantic for some reason. I'd say it is Romantic at some of those beautiful oxford colleges. As for romantic, it would be if that's how you feel about the person. You will get nostalgic about the time spent in halls when you have your flat together probably. I can't do much better with this question...why do you ask?
It's not all that different from sharing a bed anywhere else - your place, his place, third party's house, hotel, etc. If the moment is 'romantic' you're likely blocking the rest of the world anyway and just focusing on each other.
how is that romantic ... not romantic whatsoever
No.
Messy, terribly noisy and often plagued by drunk idiots that enjoy attacking the fire extinguisher on a nightly basis.
One night's visit was enough to convince me not to live in halls.
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
No.
Messy, terribly noisy and often plagued by drunk idiots that enjoy attacking the fire extinguisher on a nightly basis.
One night's visit was enough to convince me not to live in halls.

What if it’s for second year students and there is a kitchen unit in the room, so it’s a studio?
What if it’s for second year students and there is a kitchen unit in the room, so it’s a studio?

How is that romantic?

What do you understand romantic to mean?

Are you actually at university?

I don't quite understand how sharing a bed is romantic. And what is romantic about halls?
Original post by Drewski
How is that romantic?

What do you understand romantic to mean?

Are you actually at university?

It’s more intimate ... because there’s no common room so you wouldn’t hear much noise from others
It’s more intimate ... because there’s no common room so you wouldn’t hear much noise from others

Just no, kid. Stop it.

Gobsmacking that you're at uni. You sound impossibly dense. And naive.
to me no its not but for you it could be
Having a wooden spatula handy could come in useful.
Although I'm not sure if romantic is the right word for it...

It is alright.
If listening to your drunk flatmates singing "Come On Eileen" at 3am is romantic, then sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending