Speech and language therapy application help Watch

Honey.moon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello everyone! I need help with a lot of things, sorry but I'm very very anxious and I want to get a place in this course
1) In the entry requirements it says that "evidence of research into the profession is required". What on earth does that mean? Should I include it in my personal statement?
2) How difficult is it to get in? They say it's highly competitive and they only expect about 25-35 people each year, I'm very worried about this
3) They'd prefer you to have experience working with people with speech impairments. This is impossible in my country, there are literally zero opportunities if you are not a speech and language therapy student: will it impact my opportunities of getting in?

Sorry for the tonne of questions and a big thank you to whomever will take the time to help a poor girl out!
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Are you applying for undergraduate or postgraduate?
Honey.moon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by giella)
Are you applying for undergraduate or postgraduate?
Postgraduate!
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
If you don’t have some clinically relevant experience or educational experience you’re not going to get to interview, let alone an offer, for postgraduate SLT. I would recommend applying to a three year undergraduate course instead and try getting some experience in schools, doing some relevant reading and reflection on said reading. Alternatively, take a year to get some experience with some SLT client groups and then apply to postgraduate courses.

If you want to know more, let me know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (87)
18.95%
Labour (225)
49.02%
Liberal Democrats (61)
13.29%
Green Party (28)
6.1%
Brexit Party (6)
1.31%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.65%
SNP (10)
2.18%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.65%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.31%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)