nor1993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone.
I am trying to decide between Newcastle, York and QMUL to do my masters. My favorite program so far is offered by Queen Mary University (Masters in Public Health). I was wondering if anyone here has experience with QMUL, I am a little worried because it was mixed reviews. Is the education good, the facilities? I really don't mind it being on east london.

I am an international student in case its relevant.

Thanks!
Galaxy girl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2 of my best friends attended QMUL during undergrad and they did not ever complain about it to me.

Regarding Public Health, Medical research is robust at QMUL so I would imagine that the academic staff would be leaders in their field.

You could consider UCL, Kings or LSTHM however, if you are on a tight budget living in east London may be better for your wallet.
nor1993
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Galaxy girl)
2 of my best friends attended QMUL during undergrad and they did not ever complain about it to me.

Regarding Public Health, Medical research is robust at QMUL so I would imagine that the academic staff would be leaders in their field.

You could consider UCL, Kings or LSTHM however, if you are on a tight budget living in east London may be better for your wallet.
Thanks so much for replying! LSHTM is actually my first choice and dream school, and QMUL is a close second so far. I was also thinking about York and Newcastle because their admissions departments have been happy about taking in international medical students, and to be honest would like at least two safer choices in case I am rejected by the top unis.
divya.chhipani
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by nor1993)
Hey everyone.
I am trying to decide between Newcastle, York and QMUL to do my masters. My favorite program so far is offered by Queen Mary University (Masters in Public Health). I was wondering if anyone here has experience with QMUL, I am a little worried because it was mixed reviews. Is the education good, the facilities? I really don't mind it being on east london.

Thanks!
I am looking at QMUL too! Did you make your final decision?
nor1993
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey, I ended up accepting an offer from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

(Original post by divya.chhipani)
I am looking at QMUL too! Did you make your final decision?
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by nor1993)
Hey everyone.

Thanks!
Hi, the Public Health masters is delivered by the faculty of medicine so have a look at the rankings of the med schools in the Guardian good university guide. QMUL comes out 15th, Newcastle 13th and Hull-York 31st. Student life will be very different. Newcastle is a city in the N East of England. Its a friendly city with a reputation for a lively social life. QMUL is in the East End of London so is not as swanky as Knightsbridge in the West Ent (Harrods, Buck Palace). However, Brick Lane has an amazing range of Bangladeshi restaurants and the East End also has some amazing Vietnamese and Thai restaurants. London is a lot more cosmopolitan than Newcastle so being an International Student you will find it easy to find people from your own culture if you go to London.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads