The Student Room Group

Extinction Rebellion plan 'die-in' in Swindon on Black Friday

Reply 1
Sounds... pointless.

I'd never participate in something like that, as it'd be far too easy for an irritated passer-by to accidentally drop a milkshake on me.

They were doing this in Leicester Square or somewhere in the summer. Idiots.
Reply 3
Pointless little people doing a pointless little protest in a rather pointless old town. Seems poetic.
Anything to make you forget about the fact you are in Swindon I guess.
die-in's are where they all fall to the ground to highlight what will happen if nothing is done about climate change.
really, it's not pointless - especially because it's on black friday. people are buying lots of goods for cheap prices without considering the impact on the climate so if shoppers saw this it could get them to consider the consequences of their shopping or make someone aware as surprisingly a lot of people still don't know about climate change - or drop a milkshake as you said lol. i think doing this on black friday is a great idea.
i guess i'm biased as i'm a strong advocate for climate action and take part in these events.
Original post by alicewantsana
die-in's are where they all fall to the ground to highlight what will happen if nothing is done about climate change.
really, it's not pointless - especially because it's on black friday. people are buying lots of goods for cheap prices without considering the impact on the climate so if shoppers saw this it could get them to consider the consequences of their shopping or make someone aware as surprisingly a lot of people still don't know about climate change - or drop a milkshake as you said lol. i think doing this on black friday is a great idea.
i guess i'm biased as i'm a strong advocate for climate action and take part in these events.

Have any of the XR protests made any difference yet?
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Have any of the XR protests made any difference yet?

yes actually, the spring uprising has played a key part in getting a lot of legislation passed and raising public awareness. it actually got me interested in climate issues.

personally, i don't agree with some of the things xr does but they have the right idea. ukscn (uk student climate network) are a great organisation who organise strikes for young people (with permission) where people won't get in trouble - plus they're peaceful and mainly undisruptive.

Quick Reply

Latest