bizarre one this, never heard of a die in before
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...5AmbdgPYT_aRQA
Neilos
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sounds... pointless.

I'd never participate in something like that, as it'd be far too easy for an irritated passer-by to accidentally drop a milkshake on me.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
bizarre one this, never heard of a die in before
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...5AmbdgPYT_aRQA
They were doing this in Leicester Square or somewhere in the summer. Idiots.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Pointless little people doing a pointless little protest in a rather pointless old town. Seems poetic.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anything to make you forget about the fact you are in Swindon I guess.
alicewantsana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
die-in's are where they all fall to the ground to highlight what will happen if nothing is done about climate change.
really, it's not pointless - especially because it's on black friday. people are buying lots of goods for cheap prices without considering the impact on the climate so if shoppers saw this it could get them to consider the consequences of their shopping or make someone aware as surprisingly a lot of people still don't know about climate change - or drop a milkshake as you said lol. i think doing this on black friday is a great idea.
i guess i'm biased as i'm a strong advocate for climate action and take part in these events.
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by alicewantsana)
die-in's are where they all fall to the ground to highlight what will happen if nothing is done about climate change.
really, it's not pointless - especially because it's on black friday. people are buying lots of goods for cheap prices without considering the impact on the climate so if shoppers saw this it could get them to consider the consequences of their shopping or make someone aware as surprisingly a lot of people still don't know about climate change - or drop a milkshake as you said lol. i think doing this on black friday is a great idea.
i guess i'm biased as i'm a strong advocate for climate action and take part in these events.
Have any of the XR protests made any difference yet?
alicewantsana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Have any of the XR protests made any difference yet?
yes actually, the spring uprising has played a key part in getting a lot of legislation passed and raising public awareness. it actually got me interested in climate issues.

personally, i don't agree with some of the things xr does but they have the right idea. ukscn (uk student climate network) are a great organisation who organise strikes for young people (with permission) where people won't get in trouble - plus they're peaceful and mainly undisruptive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.45%
No (81)
10.66%
I'm not old enough (326)
42.89%

Watched Threads