The Student Room Group

Will I be able to apply for different university even if I have a deferred offer?

Will I be able to apply for different university even if I have a deferred offer to another university?
Original post by Rmnz
Will I be able to apply for different university even if I have a deferred offer to another university?

No, if you hold a deferred offer from the 2019 UCAS cycle, you will have to withdraw from that before you can enter the 2020 UCAS cycle with a fresh application.
Reply 2
Original post by 学生の父
No, if you hold a deferred offer from the 2019 UCAS cycle, you will have to withdraw from that before you can enter the 2020 UCAS cycle with a fresh application.

Ok, do I just call or email the university to withdraw my application or is there another way?
Original post by Rmnz
Ok, do I just call or email the university to withdraw my application or is there another way?

I would phone UCAS and ask their advice.
You’ll usually need to arrange to have your deferred offer Uni release you, as you are in a contract with them currently.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
You’ll usually need to arrange to have your deferred offer Uni release you, as you are in a contract with them currently.

So I’ll call the uni the withdraw my deferred year not ucas?
Original post by Rmnz
So I’ll call the uni the withdraw my deferred year not ucas?

Yes. I imagine UCAS would just tell you to contact the Uni anyway.
I am in this predicament, how did this go for you?? were you able to reapply for this cycle with a new application? or was transfer an option?
The OP wanted to go to a different Uni than they held their deferred offer at. You can’t transfer from a course you’ve not started yet. You have to have your deferred place withdrawn and then reapply in the current cycle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending