To anyone doing additional further maths on top of further maths:

Watch
sam1267
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just found out you can do an additional further maths a level on top of further maths, but I can barely find information about it on google.
I am planning on hopefully studying it by myself or at school. My schools exam board for maths / further maths is OCR MEI, which apparently is one you can do additional further maths for?
Can someone explain to me how it works, what the content is and useful links / textbooks
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm pretty certain that Additional Further Maths has been withdrawn. It existed on the previous A level specifications (for Edexcel as well at the very least) but these were available for a last re-sit opportunity in 2019.
sam1267
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
I'm pretty certain that Additional Further Maths has been withdrawn. It existed on the previous A level specifications (for Edexcel as well at the very least) but these were available for a last re-sit opportunity in 2019.
Oh okay, is there any other extra maths a level i can do apart from it? Like an applied further maths or something, idk
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sam1267)
Oh okay, is there any other extra maths a level i can do apart from it? Like an applied further maths or something, idk
Edexcel have an A level in Statistics.https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...tics-2017.html
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for that, Compost I was thinking just that myself, but you've saved me the bother of having to look it up.
sam1267
Rep:
?
Edexcel have an A level in Statistics.https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...tics-2017.html
How hard is it compared to A level maths / further maths?
Also they don't happen to have one in mechanics do they?
Thanks
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How hard is it compared to A level maths / further maths?
Also they don't happen to have one in mechanics do they?
Thanks
Not really looked at it -though I have an A level in Statistics it's never been my favourite subject. Sadly, there isn't one in Mechanics.
sam1267
Rep:
?
Not really looked at it -though I have an A level in Statistics it's never been my favourite subject. Sadly, there isn't one in Mechanics.
So you have the a level in statistics? How was it and what grade did you get if you dont mind? And how are you finding normal maths / further
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So you have the a level in statistics? How was it and what grade did you get if you dont mind? And how are you finding normal maths / further
I took A levels in Pure Maths, Mechanics and Statistics a very long time ago. Never liked Statistics though I probably did best in it..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed