57.14%
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Classic and classy. Can’t go wrong
I aim for that Beautiful cloth well cut. Nothing flashy, nothing fashionable and nothing which 'stands out'.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Danny_Man)
Won't dark blue fade as well though, or at least noticeably after a few washes?
Nope, not in my experience, black washes out far quicker. I have no idea why right enough.

I've maybe a handful of nice black Armani/Boss T's that keep their colour well, but most of the others, meh, same generally goes for jeans too IMO. A pair of good overdyed black ones will look elegantly smart with almost anything, cheap ones wash out and look tatty real quick.
Danny_Man
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Nope, not in my experience, black washes out far quicker. I have no idea why right enough.

I've maybe a handful of nice black Armani/Boss T's that keep their colour well, but most of the others, meh, same generally goes for jeans too IMO. A pair of good overdyed black ones will look elegantly smart with almost anything, cheap ones wash out and look tatty real quick.
Do you own any dark blue shirts? If so, do you find that they lose their colour after a certain number of washes or not at all? Thanks!
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
I aim for that Beautiful cloth well cut. Nothing flashy, nothing fashionable and nothing which 'stands out'.
Quality tailoring will always be fashionable
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you own any dark blue shirts? If so, do you find that they lose their colour after a certain number of washes or not at all? Thanks!
Usually, dark colours will always fade with repeated washes.
You can help by using a washing detergent specifically for darks but it can’t prevent it, just help a little
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yep, I've plenty dark blue stuff, No, I find they keep their colour substantially better.
Karisa96
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For me it would have to be dark blue.
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I will go with both but for casual ones I would prefer navy blue and for nightwear I would say black one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (163)
19.47%
Labour (426)
50.9%
Liberal Democrats (113)
13.5%
Green Party (46)
5.5%
Brexit Party (12)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.67%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)