Doing my A Levels for the seventh time AMA Watch

theoldalever
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have been doing my A Levels since 2014 so this is my seventh try. My friend recommended me this site as she said my situation is unique and she made a thread about me. Ask away. I am now 23.
Davidgray02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can I ask why?
I’m_triene
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
why are you having to redo your exams? Is it personal reasons or academic reasons or something else?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Give it up, find a job.... Even at the worst uni in the world... With this level of apathy... You won't succeed.
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did you fail the previous 6 times ?

What happened ?
theoldalever
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davidgray02)
Can I ask why?
I haven't passed my A Levels - nothing to do with my mental health at all surprisingly.
(Original post by I’m_triene)
why are you having to redo your exams? Is it personal reasons or academic reasons or something else?
It's just because I haven't passed that's all really.
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Give it up, find a job.... Even at the worst uni in the world... With this level of apathy... You won't succeed.
My ambition is university though, I really can't shake that off no matter how many times I fail.
(Original post by study beats)
Did you fail the previous 6 times ?

What happened ?
I failed yeah, six times. Haven't got above DEE at all.
mio.648
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i respect that cant lie cos most people would just give up
keep pushing if thats what you want deep down still
has failing made you depressed in anyway?
username5010754
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you ever considered trying to do a uni foundation course or any other path into uni? Also are you doing the same subjects or different ones?
Last edited by username5010754; 2 months ago
theoldalever
Rep:
?
(Original post by nio.m)
i respect that cant lie cos most people would just give up
keep pushing if thats what you want deep down still
has failing made you depressed in anyway?
Thanks I would say a little bit yeah cos my friend, my best friend who has been a really good support graduated with a first from Imperial and we finished school at the same time so I feel inferior sometimes but I don't want to give up.
(Original post by Kryptonitekid43)
Have you ever considered trying to do a uni foundation course or any other path into uni? Also are you doing the same subjects or different ones?
Briefly yes, but for PPE there aren't many so I gave up on the idea. I have changed my subjects for this year so I used to do Maths, Biology and History but I changed Biology for Physics.
Skekek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Elaborate more on yur situation plz
theoldalever
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skekek)
Elaborate more on yur situation plz
What exactly do you want to know? So I can avoid waffling on.
OddOnes
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How are you funding this?
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's evident exams aren't your thing. At least that's my presumption. Unless you're 'failing' as in you're only getting Cs and you're close to Bs and A, I would recommend going the Access route instead.

(Original post by OddOnes)
Unless s/he's doing science subjects (or s/he's already passed the practical), doing exams on their own is cheap.
Last edited by ozzyoscy; 2 months ago
theoldalever
Rep:
?
(Original post by OddOnes)
I work part time in a retail store which makes up more than what I need for exams and my parents sometimes financially contribute but not often.
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
It's evident exams aren't your thing. At least that's my presumption. Unless you're 'failing' as in you're only getting Cs and you're close to Bs and A, I would recommend going the Access route instead.

Unless s/he's doing science subjects (or s/he's already passed the practical), doing exams on their own is cheap.
I no longer do practicals so that cuts the cost but I did do them before and did pass them.
nintysixthousand
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
what subjects are you doing? and how do you expect to pass uni assignments/ exams when you havent been able to do a-levels?
theoldalever
Rep:
?
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
what subjects are you doing? and how do you expect to pass uni assignments/ exams when you havent been able to do a-levels?
I do Maths, Physics and History. I guess I think personally I'd be more cleverer in university due to my own learning environments hence why I will pass.
theoldalever
Rep:
?
Any more questions? I'll be here till 12am as I need to study mechanics after.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by theoldalever)
I have been doing my A Levels since 2014 so this is my seventh try. My friend recommended me this site as she said my situation is unique and she made a thread about me. Ask away. I am now 23.
I admire your determination; have you considered doing something different in your quest for the grades you want? A private tutor maybe?
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by theoldalever)
I work part time in a retail store which makes up more than what I need for exams and my parents sometimes financially contribute but not often.

I no longer do practicals so that cuts the cost but I did do them before and did pass them.
You're gonna reply to the bit about cost and not the potentially life-changing bit about Access?...
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have a friend who got into Sheffield Hallam with the grades DEE so why not start uni now???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads