Doing my A Levels for the seventh time AMA Watch

Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by theoldalever)
Thanks! I prefer audio as I absorb information through my ears quite easily and I find Maths the easiest and History the hardest as I'm not the best at essay writing which suggests to me like I shouldn't study it.
Cool, I'm more visual personally. How are you incorporating that into your revision? I feel like that'd be the most difficult one for me to think of effective techniques but I'm sure there's many out there. I find maths easiest too :five: yeahh I didn't take history at a level because of all the writing, does it lesst cover topics and eras you're interested in? How do you feel you've progressed with history each time you've taken the exams?
Laurence863
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you have learning difficulties or is it a matter of not trying hard enough, or is there another reason? (ik thats a harsh question don't mean to be rude)

Why haven't you considered other options?

why do you need the A levels?

Perhaps the subjects you're picking aren't for you?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
each year what have your results actually been?

ie
2014:CCC
2015:CCB
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by theoldalever)
If I do that, I've been told to wait a few years as I'm still a bit too young too apparently as most of the students in the courses tend to be older as I've been told.
The courses are for anyone aged 19+, and if you do it before you're 24 then you don't even have to pay.

"I've been told" is such a dangerous phrase and you've been burned to the point you're redoing A Levels every summer like a recurring nightmare.

You should take the effort to research Access now. You're on this site for experienced help from similar people, and here is your help. You can look at the mature student forum and ask about it there too.
Last edited by ozzyoscy; 2 months ago
Laurence863
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tmoney12)
Save your money and time don’t bother with uni it’s a scam, I’m in my first year and the teachings are trash they just teach you to be a robot and a 9-5 rat save your money and start an online business
Why get a real job when you can make £700 a day writing online surveys?

FR though, sure, you can say uni is a scam but employers in Stem related and high paying fields look for academically minded people, a degree is a reflection of that.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mnot)
each year what have your results actually been?

ie
2014:CCC
2015:CCB
I suspect s/he's low on self-esteem and this AMA is just for a confidence boost via attention rather than actual discussion or help.

Taking time out of the grind to get a boost before getting back on the hamster wheel going nowhere.
ApexCoder
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am also retaking my A-levels, so maybe we can message and help each other.
I was predicted an A*A*A but got a BCC due to personal reasons
CornetPlayer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by OR321)
I have a friend who got into Sheffield Hallam with the grades DEE so why not start uni now???
I am in Year 13 doing my final year of A Levels. I have recently done my Feb' mocks and got DEE (Geography, Media, Business). I feel like I am a disappointment to people with these grades... I have got all 5 of my offers back for University, with my 2 favourites being Plymouth and Derby. The course I have chosen to do is Economics as I have really enjoyed doing this in a section in A Level business but its with a foundation year, as with all the Uni's I have chosen are. I only need 32-60 UCAS points to get to Plymouth (EE) but I just feel like im a failure... Am I a failure? I feel like I am as in my GCSE's I got the grades: 8 DT, 6 French, 5 Maths, 5 Phy/Chem/Bio, 4 English, 5 Geog', 3 History... Would be nice to hear back from people. Thanks!
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by CornetPlayer)
I am in Year 13 doing my final year of A Levels. I have recently done my Feb' mocks and got DEE (Geography, Media, Business). I feel like I am a disappointment to people with these grades... I have got all 5 of my offers back for University, with my 2 favourites being Plymouth and Derby. The course I have chosen to do is Economics as I have really enjoyed doing this in a section in A Level business but its with a foundation year, as with all the Uni's I have chosen are. I only need 32-60 UCAS points to get to Plymouth (EE) but I just feel like im a failure... Am I a failure? I feel like I am as in my GCSE's I got the grades: 8 DT, 6 French, 5 Maths, 5 Phy/Chem/Bio, 4 English, 5 Geog', 3 History... Would be nice to hear back from people. Thanks!
You're not even out of school yet, it's impossible to be a failure. School isn't for everyone. Once you 'get out into the real world' you'll realise school isn't some well-oiled machine that prepares the next generation for careers, it's just an unrealistic arbitrary system that only works for a certain type of child.

Adult work life is absolutely nothing like school or exams.

It's always funny seeing your sage professor, probably complete with beard and thick glasses, with a PhD and a long list of letters who knows crazy stuff about mechanics or sub-atomic particles, stopping for a moment to try to remember a GCSE-level rule or law or asking what 6 x 6 is. Exams test our memory, real life doesn't (we just ask a colleague or Google it.)

You can get all Fs, you'll be fine. You can always try again whenever you want.
Last edited by ozzyoscy; 4 days ago
ibby68
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Id probably quit if I failed like twice but I admire the resilience. Hope you get good enough grades to get in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.75%
No (109)
32.25%

Watched Threads