Is it embarrassing to go to a concert with my mum? Watch

username5058750
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I want to go to a concert with my mum but I’m scared people would judge. I’m 15 and this would be my first concert ever, also it’s a YUNGBLUD concert. Do you think it’s embarrassing if I go with my mum?
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah. **** anyone who thinks it's embarrassing anyways. I lost my mum at 15 - embrace the time you spend with her.
pxpxnk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean I'm 15 so I go to gigs with my dad and I feel like it's fine. You're most likely only going to be with them in the line and then I presume they won't go into the crowd with you. I know of yungblud and bands I listen to have generally the same fanbase and although most of them are late teens/early 20s, I'm pretty sure a lot of other people will be there with parents too so try not to worry about it
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it is nice if you can still do things with your Mother.
I am 23, and quite often go shopping, or up to London to see a show with her, I really enjoy the quality Mother,Daughter time we have together. Embrace it while you can.
username5052014
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Nah. **** anyone who thinks it's embarrassing anyways. I lost my mum at 15 - embrace the time you spend with her.
I’m sorry for your loss, but damn right
username5058750
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
I’m sorry for your loss, thank you for the advice x
iftgvhb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Liv0409)
So I want to go to a concert with my mum but I’m scared people would judge. I’m 15 and this would be my first concert ever, also it’s a YUNGBLUD concert. Do you think it’s embarrassing if I go with my mum?
No it's not, if you both like the music then why not. Create memories together as she won't always be around. I cringe at how self conscious I used to be, and for nothing.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look at it the other way round
My amazing youngest son bought a ticket for me , and him, as a birthday present
He tagged along to see il divo and never complained once!!
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not as long as she's willing to join you in the mosh pit.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, go have fun!

I took my mother to the Rocky Horror Picture Show for her 44th birthday. I was 24. If anyone cared then screw them.
iftgvhb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh forgot to say, I'm taking my mum to Borneo for her 60th to fulfill a lifelong ambition to work with Orangutans. Am I embarrassed? Hell no.
milobylo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course not! A lot of your peers probably are jealous of how good your relationship with her is.
alexxhales
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Liv0409)
No, it's never embarrassing to do things with your parents. Even if it was that shouldn't stop you; it doesn't matter what people think. Trust me, I've been in similar situations myself and made some poor choices as a result.
Ramsay07
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hell no! As you get older you realise that your mum is your best friend
Memomae214
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not at all. I’m 15 and next year I’m going to see a concert with my mum
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ooh I'm going to see Yungblud too

Nothing to be embarrassed about though, I used to go to concerts all the time with my mum, she had a really good music taste. Can't nowadays though cause her arthritis acts up. Make the most of your time with her!
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iftgvhb)
No it's not, if you both like the music then why not. Create memories together as she won't always be around. I cringe at how self conscious I used to be, and for nothing.
Lmao if this ain’t me. 🤦*♂️. I used to be embarrassed to go grocery shopping with my parents ffs. Glad that phase is over
username5026532
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
definitely not I think it's cool if you spend time doing cool stuff like that
iftgvhb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by OR321)
Lmao if this ain’t me. 🤦*♂️. I used to be embarrassed to go grocery shopping with my parents ffs. Glad that phase is over
Same haha.
B1204x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nopee I went to one last year with my mom I love spending time with hdr
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (91)
50%
No (91)
50%

Watched Threads