mini m
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi
so I'm in my final year at uni. I done well in my first year but the last two years have been difficult. well I'm in my third year. I live in the uk btw. I just wanted to understand the grading system better. I've not been able to get my grades up due to issues nd there's no help being offered either. I wanted to know if I get 45 or 55 in all the modules for all coursework could I still graduate with a 2:1. I really need that but there's am that affecting me to get better?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mini m)
hi
so I'm in my final year at uni. I done well in my first year but the last two years have been difficult. well I'm in my third year. I live in the uk btw. I just wanted to understand the grading system better. I've not been able to get my grades up due to issues nd there's no help being offered either. I wanted to know if I get 45 or 55 in all the modules for all coursework could I still graduate with a 2:1. I really need that but there's am that affecting me to get better?
Hi mini m

It is great to hear that you are aiming for a 2:1 classification degree.

I would recommend emailing your lecturer for the mark criteria for your university. You should be able to work from there on how to grow your grades.

Also, I would really recommend nailing your dissertation. While it is only one piece of work when it comes to classifying your degree if you are on the border between a 2:1 and 2:2 having a great dissertation may pursuade your university to give you a 2:1.

Hope this helps.

Dom
mini m
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
thank you so much. both in a good and bad way my course has decided that we wont be doing a dissertation. although we have a research project next semester
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thank you so much. both in a good and bad way my course has decided that we wont be doing a dissertation. although we have a research project next semester
Hi there mini m

You're welcome and good luck!
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi
Very unlikely.

Youll have to check your unis undergraduate regulations but, generally 1st year counts for nothing, 2nd year 30-40%, final year 60-70%.

2.1 is 60% (some unis will allow 59% and call it a marginal if you also have half or more of your credits & dissertation in the higher grading category).

Only way to get a 2.1 is go through your unis rules (will be available online) and then calculate what you need & ensure your remaining modules you exceed this target.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (44)
33.33%
No I don't (62)
46.97%
I work during the holidays (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads