Chowderzzz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This is just a general post to anyone who’s had a bad medicine interview where they met the requirements to get an interview but fell short at the interview stage. Any tips or feedback on could pass on because I have a few interviews over the coming weeks? (Preferably MMI but all feedback and tips are welcomed)
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chowderzzz)
This is just a general post to anyone who’s had a bad medicine interview where they met the requirements to get an interview but fell short at the interview stage. Any tips or feedback on could pass on because I have a few interviews over the coming weeks? (Preferably MMI but all feedback and tips are welcomed)
Hi Chowderzzz

I would recommend that you get in touch with the university and ask them for some feedback on your interview and what improvements you can make.

As for your upcoming interviews, maybe email the Admissions team or the department and ask if they have any advice/tips to help you.

I hope this helps,

Amy :shakehand:
username4937028
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So do you want interview advice? For MMI, treat each station as a fresh page.
MedicalMuffins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi Chowderzzz

I would recommend that you get in touch with the university and ask them for some feedback on your interview and what improvements you can make.

As for your upcoming interviews, maybe email the Admissions team or the department and ask if they have any advice/tips to help you.

I hope this helps,

Amy :shakehand:
I don’t think he’s had the interview just yet...

He’s looking for people to reflect in their experiences to help him.

Also the admissions team are incredibly busy at this time of year and will probably not respond/ provide generic advice whereas he’s looking for a student perspective
MedicalMuffins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had offers from all my med interviews (which I know isn’t what you asked for but hopefully there’s some usefulness in there somewhere. Two were MMI so hope this helps

- Read through all the material on the uni regarding the course, they won’t expect you to be an expert but having an awareness of the medical school is important as everyone is different.

-Usually outside the stations there is info on what the station is about (depending on the med school you haven’t said) so you can briefly think about the key things you’d like to bring up and use this time to calm yourself down.

if a station goes badly, honestly move on. It’s similar to OSCEs (clinical exams in med school) where you need to shake it off and smash the rest of the stations

the main challenge with MMI is you have a short time to make a good impression. If you need a sec in the station to think, use it, it’s better off then going off on a tangent and not making sense.

Good luck! Any questions feel free to ask
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MedicalMuffins)
I don’t think he’s had the interview just yet...

He’s looking for people to reflect in their experiences to help him.

Also the admissions team are incredibly busy at this time of year and will probably not respond/ provide generic advice whereas he’s looking for a student perspective
Hi MedicalMuffins

Thank you for your input.

While you are correct that a universities admissions team are incredibly busy at this time of year I would still recommend asking what type of questions will be asked as each university has different interview criteria and questions. P.s. Your own response above is very detailed and helpful.

Dom
Chowderzzz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks everyone for the replies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads