i don’t want to wear my twin block braces! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so, i have these twin block braces and i got them when i was 14. i’m 15 now and i still haven’t worn them for a day. they caused my mouth to be sore and we got them readjusted which stopped that from happening. now i feel as though there’s a lot of pressure on me, because i’m supposed to be wearing them 24/7, but i don’t want to be wearing them at school because people will take the mick (even my own friends). i’ve worn them to school once and all my friends drew attention to me and shouted it out and thought it was hilarious. as a 14/15 year old, i have enough insecurities so i just stopped wearing them completely. i try to wear them at home, but they honestly just make me gag. i know all people are going to say is “you’ll get used to them the more you wear them” or “you’ll regret not wearing them, but ive tried really hard and i’m not sure if it will work with me.
Karisa96
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well ultimately the decision is yours.
But just consider what you have been through to get to the stage of having them.
They do without doubt much improve the teeth as I can vouch for when I wore them.
You need to think of the long term picture.
Dont worry if they take the Mickey, they will soon get fed up with it and move on.
Good luck I hope you make the right decision which is best for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)