Greggs interview and Greggs induction advice

Watch
Laurrendixon978
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
I have had my Greggs interview and I think it went pretty well- the manager has mentioned an induction day I will have to do and I’m so nervous- I have a few questions....

1- what does the induction day entail
Last edited by Laurrendixon978; 1 year ago
LittleLily32
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by S6072358)
Hello,
I have had my Greggs interview and I think it went pretty well- the manager has mentioned an induction day I will have to do and I’m so nervous- I have a few questions....

1- what does the induction day entail?
2- how long does it take to pick everything up?
3- are the tills easy to use?
4- do the tills calculate change for you or do you have to do it yourself
5- how good is it working for Greggs?

Thanks for all of your help!
Hey! I work at Greggs and have been there for about 5/6 months now so hopefully i'll be able to help. The induction day isn't scary at all, first you'll get your uniform (make sure you have non-slip shoes) and then you'll be shown around the shop. Don't worry about remembering everything on the first day because i still forget things now The tills are pretty easy, the different products are categorized, but once you remember where everything is it's so easy and you go so fast! And yes, the tills do calculate the change for you once you input the amount that the customer has given you.
Everyone's experience is different so it depends on where your store is and whether you'll like that type of environment because it's very fast paced and you will most likely get the odd rude and frustrated customer but that's got to be expected.
There are many benefits to working at Greggs! You'll get (i think, don't quote me) around 50% discount on food and 25% on drinks and free hot drinks when you're on shift. I love working at Greggs, even though I do 8 hours a week. So hopefully you'll enjoy it too.
Let me know how you get on!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads