The Student Room Group

Keen about becoming a medical student

Hello everyone, are there anyone who got into medicine after graduating as biomedical science students? Currently I'm a level 3 Biomedical science student, I'll be graduating with the level 5 foundation degree on 2022. My dream is to become a doctor. Could anyone please tell me if would I be entitled to join with this qualification?

After the completion of level 5, should I apply for level 6 top up degree as a Biomedical science student, if yes, are there any important grades to get obtained or should I move onto some other qualification? I have heard that there is a possibility of joining medicine from the 4th year but I would appreciate if someone explains me the right process.

Thank you
I'm pretty sure that you can do graduate-entry medicine after your biomed BSc. You may have to do the GAMSAT depending on the med school you apply to.

confirmation please?
Reply 3
Original post by Glaz
I'm pretty sure that you can do graduate-entry medicine after your biomed BSc. You may have to do the GAMSAT depending on the med school you apply to.

@ecolier confirmation please?

Thank you so much for your response, Level 5 intends to be considered as a foundation degree, but as a Bachelors of Biomedical science, (this is where I was worrying a bit)
Reply 4
Original post by Glaz

@ecolier confirmation please?

Thank you so much, are there any specific grades which are required for that?
Original post by TheKitty.x
Thank you so much, are there any specific grades which are required for that?

I'm not a doctor so I'm not sure about anything I'm saying so I'll leave it to to answer your questions :tongue:

I guess the grades depends on the med school you'd be applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending