“Children of single mothers are ill raised, aggressive and ignorant” Watch

AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
That is fair. I hope women can protest during the election by voting for Labour.
I despise Corbyn just as much as Johnson and thus shall be voting for neither
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Relative to what? The behaviour of children in the past? I would argue today’s youth are better behaved; numerous measures have shown today’s youth are having less sex and doing less illegal drugs
I don't think you'd get that answer if you asked residents of an estate which was being ruled by gangs of kids, or old people who can't get past gangs of kids loitering outside shops. Or teachers who regularly get threatened by physical violence by their pupils.

The idea that children are better behaved now than they were in the past is, frankly, ludicrous.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I despise Corbyn just as much as Johnson and thus shall be voting for neither
Please! You can hate him after the election. Millions of people are depending on your vote. Voting otherwise will only bring in the Tories to continue the destruction of this country.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pretty much every lad I knew from a single parent household was a total drip
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
I don't think you'd get that answer if you asked residents of an estate which was being ruled by gangs of kids, or old people who can't get past gangs of kids loitering outside shops. Or teachers who regularly get threatened by physical violence by their pupils.

The idea that children are better behaved now than they were in the past is, frankly, ludicrous.
Subjectiveness at best; just because an OAP is scared of a few kids with hoodies up to shelter them from the rain it doesn’t mean that kids on a whole are worse behaved when all objective measures of “bad” behaviour point to the opposite
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Subjectiveness at best; just because an OAP is scared of a few kids with hoodies up to shelter them from the rain it doesn’t mean that kids on a whole are worse behaved when all objective measures of “bad” behaviour point to the opposite
'hoodies up to shelter them from the rain'

Oh please...:rofl: Do you think I came down in the last shower? Which, presumably, might have been the one that got these poor little lambs' hair wet, hence the need for them to put their hoods up?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't know. Mental health abuse?
Not a law. Stop making **** up
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
'hoodies up to shelter them from the rain'

Oh please...:rofl: Do you think I came down in the last shower? Which, presumably, might have been the one that got these poor little lambs' hair wet, hence the need for them to put their hoods up?
Well men don’t use umbrellas do they
Show me an objective study which says that today’s youth is worse behaved than previous generations?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.e...istic-nowadays

https://www.vox.com/a/teens
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well men don’t use umbrellas do they
Show me an objective study which says that today’s youth is worse behaved than previous generations?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.e...istic-nowadays

https://www.vox.com/a/teens
An 'objective study' into whether children are 'worse behaved' is a contradiction in terms.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
An 'objective study' into whether children are 'worse behaved' is a contradiction in terms.
Do you have any counter studies or not?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Not a law. Stop making **** up
Ok. I dont know if there is a law
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you have any counter studies or not?
How about this article entitled 'UK youths top European bad behaviour league' following a study by the Institute of Public Policy Research (IPPR). A well-respected organisation. And yes, 2006 is 'recent' when we're looking at intergenerational change.

By the way 'Vox' is not a reputable source.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
How about this article entitled 'UK youths top European bad behaviour league' following a study by the Institute of Public Policy Research (IPPR). A well-respected organisation. And yes, 2006 is 'recent' when we're looking at intergenerational change.

By the way 'Vox' is not a reputable source.
This study is comparing inter-country behaviour, not inter-generational behaviour.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
According to our lovely PM Boris Johnson

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...036.html%3famp

Quote from the article:

“In a column written for The Spectator, the Tory leader said it was “outrageous that married couples should pay for ‘the single mothers’ desire to procreate independently of men. And he suggested it was “feeble” for a man to be unable or unwilling to “take control of his woman”, arguing Britain needed to “restore women’s desire to be married”.
More misleading polical claims, how long we going back here?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lock him up.
Oh come on wired, I know you are in election mode but lets grab hold of a little bit of sanity.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Founding rule of The Spectator, Daily Mail and some circles within the Conservative Party- give the smug traditional values with added vitriol crowd precisely what they want.

Does the PM have issues with his ex-girlfriends over their parenting skills and onerous financial demands? :rolleyes:
I've read worse abuse of single mothers and all unmarried parents in Mrs Thatcher's Downing Street Years autobiography.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Oh come on wired, I know you are in election mode but lets grab hold of a little bit of sanity.
That is fair. I agree he should not be locked up, but women should protest by voting for the Labour Party.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
More misleading polical claims, how long we going back here?
I have no doubt you’re perfectly capable of looking through the thread
Bluebells602003
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
🤔😡
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cool, i'll just keep my earnings and taxes in my pocket then, since i'm so illegitimate and good for nothing :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (44)
33.33%
No I don't (62)
46.97%
I work during the holidays (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads