Exeter university second year accommodation

Watch
zulhaq345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
guys I need help. I am struggling with deciding for what to do for second year accommodation. I want to be in the student accommodation as same as the first year but still don`t know. so confused and don`t know how much time I got left to decide
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
hi! second year here. so is your first year accomodation in halls or are you in town (through a private landlord or an estate agent)?
zulhaq345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
im in st davids so is halls.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I believe uni halls prioritise first years, mature students, and international students over second years and above that don't fall into one of those categories. If you want to live in halls for second year I would suggest you apply earlier rather than later as places for non-freshers/mature/international etc are more limited as I understand.

That said I do know several people who weren't mature/international students who stayed in halls for second year there when I was there, and I believe the uni has built a couple new halls of residence since then anyway. Additionally there are a lot of private halls in Exeter though (such as UNITE) that you can consider too (I lived in UNITE halls first year, and had a friend who lived in them as a finalist due to his housing plans falling through).
DrGem
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Exeter only guarantees accommodation for new first years unless you have a supported application through AccessAbility/Wellbeing - returning students are welcome to apply but generally are put straight on the waiting list and you might not get confirmation until really late. If you want to stay in halls-style accommodation I would suggest looking at the private halls like UNITE/Printworks etc first as they accept returning students. Good luck with your search!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (660)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (839)
42.57%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.43%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads