acedmathshaaha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Dear all,
I just got an offer to BA Geography. Shortly after I applied, I wanted to switch to BSc Geography with Economics but our counselor told me not to switch after applying and to only do it after I have an offer. Is it possible to switch? I don't want my application to be assessed again. Should I write them now or in April after the open day?

On a side-note - career-wise, I am passionate about investment banking. A degree in BSc Geography with Economics wouldn't hinder that, would it?
Kinococo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I would contact them sooner rather than later if you're thinking of switching. As for your career ambitions, LSE is a target school for top IBs and the degree you study with be less important than the effort you put into your applications/interviews (researching the firm, attending networking events, joining finance societies, etc.)
Lily05234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Well switch the course after getting in with a good set of Alevel.
How long does it take to give you an offer? As it has been 10 days since I applied, not even an acknowledgement tho...

(Original post by Kinococo)
I would contact them sooner rather than later if you're thinking of switching. As for your career ambitions, LSE is a target school for top IBs and the degree you study with be less important than the effort you put into your applications/interviews (researching the firm, attending networking events, joining finance societies, etc.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.25%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (643)
49.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed