The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth Uni 2020 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hopeful&Hopeless
Quick question, Home Park is showing on the Uni website as unavailable to book for 1st years for Sept 2020 yet the student roost website is open for bookings now.

Does this mean if I book it then there will hardly be any 1st year undergrads with me as most book through the uni and will think it’s unavailable?

Thanks

Hiya,
I think as of 2020, Home Park will no longer be managed by BU which is why there is probably some confusion on the websites. However it will still be an accommodation block for students so I'd imagine that this would still be promoted via some way. It's also close to the other halls of accommodation so you would never be far from other 1st year students!

Alice :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by lilellie
okay I've got the exact same problem as you both!! think I'm gonna go purbeck but idk yet, at least we have til march to decide (:

at the moment i’m leaning towards lyme xx
Original post by BU Students
I don't know if it helps or not but both of the halls are in town and they are pretty much next to each other so I wouldn't worry about distance to things because they would be the exact same!

thank you!! xx
Aw, ready this makes me a bit sad as I seem to be the only one on TSR without an unconditional for Bournemouth. Worried about the accomodation options as Unconditional Offers can choose their accomodation in March so I'm left with the "scraps" in a sense when I finally get the chance to choose in June. Makes sense but hoping I can get into one of my preferred accomodation places, as I'm not a fan of the Unilet/Student Village options available.

If anyone has received a conditional in the past, what types of options were left available for you?

Congrats on all the Unconditionals in this thread though! Sorry to bring it down with a more negative question.
Original post by BU Students
Hi!
I also had the dilemma about bringing my car to Bournemouth in first year and in the end I decided not to. I don't know if it has changed since but when I was in first year (I am now in third year) none of the halls offered car parking facilities and to be honest, you really don't need a car in first year. Most of the accommodation options in first year offer you the bus pass with your rent which let's you get to all the places you need. However in second and third year, if you decide to move to private rented accommodation, then it is a lot easier to find parking facilities for your car - I brought my car to Bournemouth for second and third year.
Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!
Hi! Yes we are definitely available for booking however you'll just need to do it through our website :smile: https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/bournemouth/home-park if you have any questions we're happy to answer them!
Hi. I’m visiting Bournemouth in February, anyone recommend a few places to visit and get to know the place?
Original post by Anonymous
Aw, ready this makes me a bit sad as I seem to be the only one on TSR without an unconditional for Bournemouth. Worried about the accomodation options as Unconditional Offers can choose their accomodation in March so I'm left with the "scraps" in a sense when I finally get the chance to choose in June. Makes sense but hoping I can get into one of my preferred accomodation places, as I'm not a fan of the Unilet/Student Village options available.

If anyone has received a conditional in the past, what types of options were left available for you?

Congrats on all the Unconditionals in this thread though! Sorry to bring it down with a more negative question.

Hiya!
Don't worry about your offer, I also received a conditional offer and that is still really good so you should be proud of yourself!
From what I can remember (I am now in third year) I was left with quite a few options - do bare in mind that over the past two years there have been several new uni accommodation blocks that have been built so that should ease the demand on each building. In first year I actually chose to live in a Unilet because I just preferred that but don't stress! There will be many other options available to you!
Original post by AlanFeverQ
Hi. I’m visiting Bournemouth in February, anyone recommend a few places to visit and get to know the place?

Hiya!
Number one place would be the beach - it's award winning and is simply beautiful!
As you walk to the beach you have the option to walk through Bournemouth Square where all the shops are as well as Bournemouth gardens which are really pretty so I would recommend that as well.
Slightly further out is the New Forest, again a really pretty and natural area that is great to explore and have picnics in, in the Summer.
Might also be worth exploring Winton - that's where most students in second year find their accommodation and Winton high street is really good!
You also have places like the Bh2 building in Bournemouth square that houses the Odeon, multiple restaurants as well as a new indoor mini golf place called Mr Mulligans.

Overall, I would say that Bournemouth town centre (Landsdown) is definitely worth exploring as that is where most accommodation buildings are, as well as all the nightclubs and shops!

Hope that helps!
Original post by AlanFeverQ

Hi, what type of things are you interested in? Social/eating or outside spaces? How long are you staying for?
Sent off my application on Thursday. I'm (im)patiently waiting for a decision :biggrin: I suspect it will take longer for me to receive a decision because I'm deferring for a year
Original post by ColUniHopeful
Sent off my application on Thursday. I'm (im)patiently waiting for a decision :biggrin: I suspect it will take longer for me to receive a decision because I'm deferring for a year

what have you applied for? they have to consider you the same as everyone else though even though you’re 2021! :smile:
Original post by maddie2001
what have you applied for? they have to consider you the same as everyone else though even though you’re 2021! :smile:

Computing :smile: With the other uni's I applied for, I got one offer less than 24 hours later and the others gave a general guideline of how long it takes to wait. I guess since Bournemouth didn't, I'm worried that they will take a while to give a decision
Hello, I’m confused about booking en-suite in home park or bailey point en-suite ! Which is better size wise
(edited 4 years ago)
Managed to complete my application at about 4pm yesterday. As a mature student of 37, I'd been in two minds but the deadline jump started my decision to go for it. I am now like a kid waiting for Christmas! I really hope my cobbled together personal statement is good enough, I now know I really want this.

Edit: Applied for Game Design and Game Software Engineering. I had a mini freak out last night wondering if applying to two courses was a stupid thing to do, as it shows uncertainty? I just wanted to up my chances of getting on one of them, was my reasoning.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MatchesMalone
Managed to complete my application at about 4pm yesterday. As a mature student of 37, I'd been in two minds but the deadline jump started my decision to go for it. I am now like a kid waiting for Christmas! I really hope my cobbled together personal statement is good enough, I now know I really want this.

Edit: Applied for Game Design and Game Software Engineering. I had a mini freak out last night wondering if applying to two courses was a stupid thing to do, as it shows uncertainty? I just wanted to up my chances of getting on one of them, was my reasoning.

Don’t worry you might get an offer letter soon ! I’m a mature applicant too ! Where are you from if you don’t mind me asking ! Because sometimes I feel international applications take longer x
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t worry you might get an offer letter soon ! I’m a mature applicant too ! Where are you from if you don’t mind me asking ! Because sometimes I feel international applications take longer x

I actually live quite close to Bournemouth, just over the border in Hampshire. I like Bournemouth a lot, and I've been to the campus a couple of times and found it very impressive. For me it's a combination of the course I want and convenience of not being too far from home. Where are you applying from? I hope you get good news soon :smile:
Original post by MatchesMalone
I actually live quite close to Bournemouth, just over the border in Hampshire. I like Bournemouth a lot, and I've been to the campus a couple of times and found it very impressive. For me it's a combination of the course I want and convenience of not being too far from home. Where are you applying from? I hope you get good news soon :smile:

That’s good to know !!!! I already have an unconditional to study business there . Thank you . Sending you good vibes hope you hear some good news soon and also have you thought about any accomodation yet ?
what courses do people have offers for? Business management for me!
Original post by yazrosex
what courses do people have offers for? Business management for me!

That’s amazing ! Congratulations! Bachelors or masters ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending