Alan Rickman was probably one of the most underappreciated British actors ever Watch

ANO-NI-MUS
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I mean yeah, people knew him as Snape in the Harry Potter (in which he was bloody fantastic) series but few properly know abut the other absolutely amazing stuff he has done. My personal faves are Rasputin and Sense and Sensibility. And that's just film. He was pure art in theatre. Absolute pity that I could never see him on stage. Always wanted to see Private Lives. He deserved so many accolades. Even for Snape...how did the man never win anything for his role as Snape is beyond me.

And also can we talk about how he and his girlfriend (later wife) met when they were 17 and were together till he died at 69? I mean that's pure love.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANO-NI-MUS)
I mean yeah, people knew him as Snape in the Harry Potter (in which he was bloody fantastic) series but few properly know abut the other absolutely amazing stuff he has done. My personal faves are Rasputin and Sense and Sensibility. And that's just film. He was pure art in theatre. Absolute pity that I could never see him on stage. Always wanted to see Private Lives. He deserved so many accolades. Even for Snape...how did the man never win anything for his role as Snape is beyond me.

And also can we talk about how he and his girlfriend (later wife) met when they were 17 and were together till he died at 69? I mean that's pure love.
He was very loved by his friends and appreciated by his fellow actors.
He was also a very kind man and helped very many junior actors with advice and time. One of his last roles was Eye in the Sky.
Karisa96
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I agree he was underrated.
I particularly liked him as the sheriff of Nottingham in Robin hood prince of thieves, and as the baddy in Die hard.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Completely agree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
19.75%
Labour (357)
50.35%
Liberal Democrats (98)
13.82%
Green Party (35)
4.94%
Brexit Party (9)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.42%
SNP (14)
1.97%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.85%
SDLP (1)
0.14%
Ulster Unionist (4)